Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Scott Driscoll MP calls for Green Zone changes

Perhaps he's not all bad.
    Disgraced Qld MP Scott Driscoll MP made a rare appearance at Parliament question time and put a question on notice to Fisheries Minister, asking to have Green Zones at Woody Point and Scott's Point lifted to allow family fishing to return to these areas.
    http://www.news.com.au/national-news...-1226716455146

Before the last election and also when it was introduced, MP Mark and the LNP said they were firmly against the Woody Point green zone, so the Fisheries Minister's reply to Driscoll's question should be interesting.
    The LNP's Steve Dickson (State Minister for Parks, Recreation, Sport & Racing) has recently gone on record claiming the State Government has no plans to alter the current Moreton Bay green zones because they were developed independently using the best scientific data, and rec anglers were consulted during the planning process to ensure the most popular fishing spots were excluded from the zones.

So I wouldn't hold out much hope, but at least we'll have the Minister's response on hansard.

BTW Why does it take some one who was kicked out of the LNP to ask the question?

Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    BTW Why does it take some one who was kicked out of the LNP to ask the question?
    Because he is no longer in the party and his opinion is no longer that of the party machine.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Here's the actual "question on notice" Scott Driscoll MP has put to the Qld Fisheries Minister (McVeigh)
    635 QUESTION ON NOTICE
    ASKED : Wednesday, 11 September 2013
    Answer due : Friday, 11 October 2013

MR DRISCOLL Asked the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (Mr McVeigh)—

Will the Minister review and remove the anti-fishing ban via a green zone instituted by the
    previous State Labor government in my Redcliffe Electorate, in particular where that green
    zone impacts the foreshore and shallow waters between Woody Point and Scott’s Point,
    directly out from what has for many years been a well visited family friendly parkland?

I cant say too much - other than I have been involved with that guy - MP Driscoll ... and he might as well enjoy his time in the sun now because that fraudulent con artist will soon only be seeing the sun through steel bars.

Exclamation Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

His "suggestion" will go-down like a LEAD Balloonny....due to his present "status "....jmo

imo....Just gives more delay-time to the LNP , to reject same ......across QLD.

[or maybe Mark-mp could 2nd. and champion this cause??.....across QLD.]

i won't hold me breath , if even the Mighty Timi , couldn't make a dent-in-ALP-policy......2-date

Yes Gazza it would be good if MP Mark backed Driscoll's question to the Minister.

The only backing we seem to get of our favourite M.P is back peddling trying to deny anything that he said and now he has won his seat he will only be interested in looking after his parliamentary entitlements ,so don't waste your time I say 👎👎👎👎thanks Matt ...
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Thumbs up Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

LNP.........QUEENSLAND

X'Mas is coming !!

Thanks Santa

Thumbs down Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    LNP.........QUEENSLAND

X'Mas is coming !!

Thanks Santa
    Well FMD .....
    IFFF the lnp "still can't open WOODY to RecFishos BY NOW??" .....
    .....LIKE ,how friggin' simple is that to do !!

i suggest , THE LNP HAVE ZERO intentions of "going against" ANY & ALL ALP "REC-fishing" policy

sorry Mark MP & co.....you 'n co HAVE NO BALLS , soo PLEASE,
    no further pretend "REC-FISHO-FRIENDLY BULLSHIT , diatribe or SPAM NEEDED"
    jmo and sadly pissed off at "nothingness" !!!!!!!!!!!

[p.s. bluefin59 , I hereby APOLOGISE 2 U for 'initially' disagreeing with your post]

Just curious as I don't pay that much attention to the politics around this topic.

What Government (State or Federal) is in charge of implementing and managing Green Zones and Marine parks?

Who was in power when these were first introducing (Labor, Coalition)?

Question Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

GBRMP....WAS libs-howard
    Green-zones in "state waters" , is guv't of-the-day , i.e. controls what-is or isn't "green-zones".....simple
    p.s. I don't remotely "think" PM Tony Abbott will "override the GBRMP"....do you? or anyone-else?

Depends what water you are talking about. There are State and Commonwealth marine parks.

Moreton Bay MP is a State beast, in its latest iteration was done by Anna Blight's labor Government.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Thumbs down Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

ML, sounds like unless Anna is re-elected , NOTHING will be changed

Bugga......

Dont start me Gazza, i was closely involved in the fight against the Bligh green zones. What a experience.

But dont give up on the new Qld Govt guys. These things can take time for all sorts of reasons that many people will never understand. There are some good people in there who wont give up in a hurry, i am confident of that.

Whats that old saying....

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.......
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Question Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

These things can take time for all sorts of reasons that many people will never understand
    Don't start me either m8 , with decision-DELAYING-BS mumbo/jumbo
    LNP should just give us ......i.e. the Dumbos & great unwashed .... examples/fact(s) of WTF u mean...please.

[I do sincerely thank all for that anti-greenzone effort]
    BUT ML , i am a little confused with your "battle for moreton bay" scenario.....

Q. DID you have LNP support at THAT time ??????