Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Quote Originally Posted by manta man View Post
    I'm just wondering, what will actually be achieved by opening up these Green Zones. Better fishing ? More Fish to catch? More options?
    That's a good question Manta Man.
    The Green Zone being talked about in this case is the Scotts Point - Woody Point Green Zone. It's quite small covers water adjacent to a popular park and picnic ground. Kids could safely fish from the little beach while their parents watched on from the shaded picnic area. The area is also reasonably sheltered from many of the prevailing winds which makes it safe. Also just off the beach but still in the green zone is a great little reef where small boat anglers could fish for Snapper sweetlip cod Tailor and bream, also used to be one of the best sand crab spots in the area. It was the only easily accessible spot like this for small boat anglers on the southern side of the Redcliffe Peninsular.
    Ausfish member Lapras summed it up well when he posted this back in 2008
    My personal concern is that it covers the only decent section of structure easily accessible in my tinny from the Pine, which for me is a safety issue as much as a fishing one - particularly when I want a family day out.

But probably the major thing achieved if this Green Zone was opened up to recreational anglers would be MP Mark, Campbell Newman, and the LNP would be following through with commitments they made to rec-anglers prior to the last State election, in particular the commitments MP Mark and Campbell made to anglers at the Brisbane Tinnie n Tackle Show only days before the election.
    ~~~><))))*>

Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Quiz to test your "political antenna" or comprehension of how politics works.

Ex LNP and now disgraced local member Scott Driscoll demands government lift green zones at Woody Point.

Question: Have Driscoll's public demands made it:

(a) far less likely that Woody point Green zones will be lifted; or
    (b) more likely that this green zone will be lifted; or
    (c) made no difference whatsoever?

There is only one correct answer, which one is it?
    Must be too hard a question . Oh well, i like to be a helpfull fellow sometimes, so here's the answer, and question 2:

Q1 answer: (a)

Q2: why is (a) the answer to Q1?

(a) because in politics you never give an opponent a result they can claim for their own; or
    (b) because you dont want to give an opponent, who you dont like since he's done some very dodgy things and damaged your brand, the opportunity to get good publicity for themselves; or
    (c) because no other adjacent bayside local MLA's on the Government team have had any significant number of their local constituents contacting them to ask when they are going to do the review of green zones in the Bay that was promised, in one way or another, prior to and/or during the election campaign; or
    (d) a combination of all of the above.

This is an easy one.
    Last edited by mod2; 10-11-2013 at 06:12 PM.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

I would rather see the whole Hayes inlet system reopened than Woody Point. There is ample close to shore reefs available for a 12' tinny that is not in a green zone at redcliffe.
    Hayes Inlet was never an overfished area, I suggest it should be a commercial free zone and let the recs go back into there. Recs will not be damaging any of the eco-system with thier light harvest in that creek. The mangrove forest zones will be of no interest to any of the boaties or commercial sector either. It has habitiat protection anyhow being a mangrove forest.
    Jack.

[QUOTE=Moonlighter;1518055]Must be too hard a question since none of the Einsteins here have answered. Oh well, i like to be a helpfull fellow sometimes, so here's the answer, and question 2:

(a) because in politics you never give an opponent a result they can claim for their own; or
    (b) because you dont want to give an opponent, who you dont like since he's done some very dodgy things and damaged your brand, the opportunity to get good publicity for themselves; or
    (c) because no other adjacent bayside local MLA's on the Government team have had any significant number of their local constituents contacting them to ask when they are going to do the review of green zones in the Bay that was promised, in one way or another, prior to and/or during the election campaign; or

This is an easy one. Surely one of you rocket scientists can guess the right answer?[/QUOTE]
    Love the attitude .
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    I would rather see the whole Hayes inlet system reopened than Woody Point. There is ample close to shore reefs available for a 12' tinny that is not in a green zone at redcliffe.
    Hayes Inlet was never an overfished area, I suggest it should be a commercial free zone and let the recs go back into there. Recs will not be damaging any of the eco-system with thier light harvest in that creek. The mangrove forest zones will be of no interest to any of the boaties or commercial sector either. It has habitiat protection anyhow being a mangrove forest.
    The more Green Zones opened up (like we were lead to believe) the better as far as I'm concerned Tuna. Of the 2 you mentioned, personally I see more public and especially family value in gaining rec access to the Woody Pt zone, particularly as over 80% of rec angling in Qld is done from the shore. That's almost impossable at the Hayes Green Zone unless you want to drag the kids on a mozzy infested mud hike. We still fish Hayes quite a bit in the boat and do very well without going up as far as the old pipeline and green zone. We also do well from the shore out from the old boat hire and of course The Wells, in the inlet but nowhere near the green zone. But like I said I recon the less green zones the better, I'd vote to open them both up to rec anglers.

Anyway the answer from the Government Minister is due this week so we should see if the Newmann LNP State Gov is as rec-fisherman friendly as Mark told us they were before the election.
    Cheers
    ~~~><))))*>

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Oh Moonlighter i have multiple choice just for you buddy

A. Are you employed as a right hand man for MP Mark.
    B. What sought of connections do you have with LNP.
    C. Are you a relative of MP Mark.
    D. Or are you a Sibling of Mark MP.

It"s Ok just take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by manta man View Post
    Oh Moonlighter i have multiple choice just for you buddy

A. Are you employed as a right hand man for MP Mark.
    B. What sought of connections do you have with LNP.
    C. Are you a relative of MP Mark.
    D. Or are you a Sibling of Mark MP.

It"s Ok just take your time.
    I see you are still struggling Mike with the answer to Q2. Clear because now you want to play the man, not the ball. Yawn.

I will give you a hint to make it easier. The answer is not a or b. Now, you've got a 50/50 chance!

Does that help?
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Must be too hard a question . Oh well, i like to be a helpfull fellow sometimes, so here's the answer, and question 2:

This is an easy one.
    I respect your right to make your own summation but seriously i reckon you are just trying to wind people up. No one could actually be silly enough to believe that.

I have gone from thinking you were serious on this thread topic to now just taking the p^&s.

Love your work, kinda like a right wing Gazza but without the techni colour.

Keep it up as it is as funny as hell.

I look forward too many more humerous posts.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Cool GUTLESS... Qld Government WON'T lift Green Zones at Woody Point

yes Sman , probably heaps of people been BEGGING their local MLA's for the SUPERTRAWLER to mine Woody point......

the funny part......
    is it seems Scott Driscoll is trying 2 do more 2 be RECFISHO-FRIENDLY in his electorate, than the whole of the QLD-LNP

All right, one last, final attempt. It is a touch subtle so I am not at all confident you guys will get it, but here goes.

Watch it all the way thru and see if you get the message. Good luck, over and out.

The book is just as bad.

Bad humour this time.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

I see you are still struggling Mike with the answer to Q2.
    If I'm the Mike you're referring to I'll need more info as I haven't got a clue what you're on about Moonlighter, cause you've quoted Manta Man.
    ~~~><))))*>

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Edit - Just in case you didn't believe me. And seriously Lovely80, have you ever backed a winner?
    I'm not sure why I am even responding to you considering you maintain the inability to show me enough respect to stop intentionally misspelling my name because you think it's funny or something but

WTF are you talking about?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I'm not sure why I am even responding to you considering you maintain the inability to show me enough respect to stop intentionally misspelling my name because you think it's funny or something but
    Sorry Lovey80, I never noticed, I always thought it was Lovely80. I just went back and edited it for you anyway.
    Seems you're wrong yet again, shouldn't jump to conclusions Lovey80. Seriously, wasn't intentional at all.
    ~~~><))))*>

Mike I've pointed it out to you in the past. Ah well carry on like you always do with that condescending petty nature of your posts like you always do without answering my question.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.