Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Not all got sucked in. Mr Semantic and Mr Selfie might have to fess up however.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls for Green Zone changes

The Libs are not doing any thing to help us and are only going to make life tough for us all , even the laws supposedly disigned to control bikies will be able to be used against any group of people who don't conform to his way of thinking . This Cando is going to cause more grief than any sort of help he is supposed to be doing and as far as M.P Mark goes he isn't intitled to bulldust to us anymore as he is just a seat warmer in this government 😝😝😝😝😝Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

MP Mark, why do we need to 'push our pollies' ?

I was of the understanding that they were on side with the loosening of the regulation on green zones, from what you were here saying before the election. Well at least you and 'BCF Campbell' were onside and that changes were implied.

Why didn't you say before the election 'when the LNP get elected, you will need to work hard and push us to get us onside and THEN we may look at some changes'.

Seems to me that would have been a bit closer to the truth.

Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Well gents, if you think back to John Howard's era, you may remember the time when he promised, during an election, that he was not going to break any promises. Then, when elected, he broke most of his promises, including the promise not to break any promises.

I recall that he said that he had broken promises, but they were 'non-core' promises.

So Mark MP, Scott MP, or any other pollie on this forum who is part of the mob in power:

Can you please provide a list of election promises, highlighting the 'non-core' ones? It's too confusing otherwise. And at the moment, I'm assuming that 'non-core' is political speak for 'all'.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterKroll View Post
    Well gents, if you think back to John Howard's era, you may remember the time when he promised, during an election, that he was not going to break any promises. Then, when elected, he broke most of his promises, including the promise not to break any promises.

I recall that he said that he had broken promises, but they were 'non-core' promises.

So Mark MP, Scott MP, or any other pollie on this forum who is part of the mob in power:

Can you please provide a list of election promises, highlighting the 'non-core' ones? It's too confusing otherwise. And at the moment, I'm assuming that 'non-core' is political speak for 'all'.
    Mate ,
    Spot on summation .
    Shawn

Exclamation GUTLESS... Qld Government WON'T lift Green Zones at Woody Point

GUTLESS OR "non-core"...only one is true!!.......SIMPLE

Have any of you lot bothered to contact your local MLA to voice your concern and request them to get on with delivering what was promised?? I bet not.

Reading between the lines (yes, i know this is probably far too subtle for you to pick up) from what Mark said, i think the message he is sending us is that some of Mark's parliamentary colleagues might be either a bit anxious about making the changes required, or might have been swayed a little by some of the greeny spin that they so successfully put on this whole green zone BS. In other words, they might not be 100% on side. Yet.

We can argue all we like about promises etc, but the fact is, not all the LNP members of Parliament are bayside members like Mark is, and so they probably dont get just how important this issue is to us fisher-folk.

I will spell it out a bit more for you, because i know how these things work.

To get action happening on an issue they are passionate about, backbenchers like Mark have to raise it in a party room meeting, and, unless their proposals receive solid support from the majority of other members, then they dont get action, or they get pushed back down the list of priorities.

So by contacting your local government MLA, it helps people like Mark advocate for what we want and enhances the chances of success when he raises things in the party room.

Get it?

You contact your local LNP member, and politely but firmly ask them why they havent acted on this policy by now, and tell them clearly but respectfully that you, your family, and your fishing mates are getting darned tiired of waiting for them to deliver, and ask them for a specific committment to get on with it in the very near future. And to report back to you on progress!

The more of us that do this, the more chance there is of success.

Don't come back to me and say we shouldnt have to do this, because frankly, it is irrelevant. We do what needs to be done to get the result, and this is what's needed.

I have already contacted my local MLA, in fact, i have a note in my diary at the beginning of each month that reminds me to folllow up with him and thats what i have been doing for the last year or so. And offering to help move things forward in any way i can.

So what have you each done to actually help move things forward?

Get on and do it. No excuses. I spelt it out above.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

May a politely suggest ML your post is confusing.

In the early parts you say Mark's colleagues may be a little tentative and so forth yet in the later stages you say " have not acted on this policy ".

So do they still need persuading to act on a policy or do they need persuading to come up with one ?.

If you cant understand what is required, Steeler, then I cant help you.

Its not that hard.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

I will put my take on things and then put my flame suit on.

Mark MP used this website as a vehicle for political self promotion pulling on the heartstrings of rec fisho's on issues close to many on here. The perfect target audience to whip up anti govt hysteria.

In the process of this self promotion Mark made statements and inferences in his position as shadow which at the time he may not have had the full authority of the party to be making.

Post election Mark MP does not get the gig because none of those inferences he made were ever going to come to fruition.

I find it very difficult to believe a state govt with there HUGE majority would be rattled by a minority group or Greens to implement policy.

Or perhaps a policy only existed in the minds of a few.

One might say Semantics, others may say a promise not delivered whilst others may say there was no policy/promise to begin with.

All i know is for all the hysteria whipped up on this website pre election the silence of the deeds is profoundly deafening.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    I find it very difficult to believe a state govt with there HUGE majority would be rattled by a minority group or Greens to implement policy..
    And therein is your problem, and that of some others around this post.

You don't understand politics and how political parties work. And when someone who does, tries to put things nice and simply so you can learn,

This post is about Moreton Bay green zones and the Qld Govt acting on its pre-election commitments, in whatever form they might have been. And how we can apply the right kind of pressure to get what we want. Simple.

There is no point bitching about who said what or promised what or how big a majority they have or anything like that. There is no point posting your negativity here, any of you. There is no point calling Mark or others names. All a complete waste of time and energy.

If you want action, you have to get onto them in person, phone or visit their offices. Tell them what you think.

But above all else, do something constructive about it if you feel passionate about the issue.

I guess sometime between now and the next Qld election, either you or me will have major egg on face.

I'm betting it wont be me
    Last edited by mod2; 10-11-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Sorry champ but most of qld supports the pressure applied to the bikies by the introduction of new bikie laws. There is a few hard core idiots that just want to support their team and oppose anything a lib government introduces but most people have a brain and choose to use it.

You don't fall into this category.
    You obviously crossed the line somewhere overnight , bye bye. If the bikies break the law let them be deAlt with by judge and jury as is the way with the LEGAL system not introduce laws that have much more far reaching affects that could end up discriminating against a lot of other groups in the community but I guess you don't get what I put up in the first place . We will see where this all goes but if it starts to affect me myself and others are willing to do what we have to do . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

" You don't understand politics and how political parties work. And when someone who does, tries to put things nice and simply so you can learn, you seem incapable of understanding the message."

Why don't you as the higher authority enlighten us to these inner intricate workings of politics. Help us to better understand and be more like you.

Already have, see my earlier post. NFA required.

I'm done.

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Mark MP used this website as a vehicle for political self promotion pulling on the heartstrings of rec fisho's on issues close to many on here.

Well Steeler you got a BULLSEYE MATE. Hav'nt heard all seen anything, about Mark MP since before the last election encouraging everybody to vote for LNP in QLD. MMM.... i wonder why. I notice others involved in this thread have made comments (ah yeh give it time things will happen). Yep things are certainly happening alright (1,000S OF JOBS GONE, DENYING BASIC RIGHTS FOR UNION MEMBERS... AND THE LIST JUST KEEPS GOING. Also some of the comments about the Greenies.. just remember even though i don't agree with some outcomes, without them it would be open Slather for all to destroy. As for the Green Zones i actually support them to some extent, no and i'm not a Greenie. Do we want the same situation in our own backyard, compared to the rest of the world ? Cheers Manta Man.