Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Don't start me either m8 , with decision-DELAYING-BS mumbo/jumbo
    LNP should just give us ......i.e. the Dumbos & great unwashed .... examples/fact(s) of WTF u mean...please.

[I do sincerely thank all for that anti-greenzone effort]
    BUT ML , i am a little confused with your "battle for moreton bay" scenario.....

Q. DID you have LNP support at THAT time ??????
    . Yes, had strong support.

Patience, grasshopper, patience.

Politics, like cricket, can be a strange and surprising game at times. And this is the long game, not 20/20.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    GBRMP....WAS libs-howard
    Green-zones in "state waters" , is guv't of-the-day , i.e. controls what-is or isn't "green-zones".....simple
    p.s. I don't remotely "think" PM Tony Abbott will "override the GBRMP"....do you? or anyone-else?

Gazza,

Well I thank John Howard for the GBRMP then simply because the fishing up there is far better now than ten years ago. It seems to work and fisho's not overly effected. I know some of you guys have issues with the GBRMP and I don't understand why????

For the green zones all you guys seem to bitch about most we can all blame the ALP for this and time will be needed to reverse any poorly thought out decisions. I'm sure there were plenty of poor decisions that were made by the ALP in this area (obviously) because of their Green pressure, persuasions, ill thought out track record and knee jerk reactions to most situations.

Give it time... LNP should be judged on the additional or lesser number of Green zones after there term. We all get to vote on their actions.

Thumbs down GUTLESS... Qld Government WON'T lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    . Yes, had strong support.

Patience, grasshopper, patience.

Politics, like cricket, can be a strange and surprising game at times. And this is the long game, not 20/20.
    ...... Good 4 u ML , keep "swinging 4 us"

but REALITY m8 , it "does" seem like that support has dissipated DRAMATICALLY since election day....

Anyways m8
    Maybe I'm not a grasshopper......just a frilly-necked-lizard?......eating a butterlfy?
    THE LNP aren't EVER going to release ANY "greenzone" unless Commercially-viable...imo

YEP....MARK MY WORDS...
    ...OR can anybody??.....PLEASE!!.....prove me wrong , no balls needed , just "ACTION" required

Semantics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

To quote Sir Humphrey.....

In the fullness of time, all will become clear.

Be patient, my friend. You do not get what you want now, just because you scream louder. In fact, sometimes, the best thing to do is be quiet and patient and the reward you seek may come sooner than you think.

You seem to be pretty much pessimistic about the change we want actually happening.

I, on the other hand, am more of a "glass half full" type of person.

Why? Because I know the people involved and they are quality individuals who have characteristics that i admire: work, dedication and competence. They will get a result for us, i think.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

GUTLESS... Qld Government WON'T lift Green Zones at Woody Point

fair comment m8....I'll try... here goes ,wish me luck , +ve,+ve,+ve

I'm just a typical "empty glass" RecFisho ...OUR PROBLEM ,
    not yours ,
    not the "REC-FISHO-FRIENDLY" LNP-fraudsters
    imo who are weak as piss on "delivery" , and total bullshit on rhetoric promises...never happenning

Yep,yep..."fail"......Bugga

I'll-be-bak

Well after a long long wait the answer from the Qld Fisheries Minister is in

On the 11th of September Redcliffe MP Scott Driscoll put the following question to Fisheries Minister McVeigh

QUESTION:
    Will the Minister review and remove the anti-fishing ban via a green zone instituted by the previous State Labor government in my Redcliffe Electorate, in particular where that green zone impacts the foreshore and shallow waters between Woody Point and Scott’s Point, directly out from what has for many years been a well visited family friendly parkland?

After approximately 1 month we finally got an answer from Qld Fisheries Minister McVeigh

ANSWER:
    The Member should direct this question to the Minister for National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing who has ministerial responsibility for marine parks, including the Moreton Bay Marine Park and the activities and zoning arrangements therein.

Not bad hey....took 1 month for the Fisheries Minister to come up with that.
    Not to be deterred on the 17th of October Redcliffe MP Driscoll then put this question to Qld Minister for National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing, Mr Dickson MP

Question
    Will the Minister move quickly to revoke the Labor Government imposed fishing green zone which exists along the actual foreshore between Woody Point and Scott’s Point, thus presenting a ban on family fishing from the beach, which sits along the edge of a wonderful parkland and BBQ area local Redcliffe people embrace?

Stay tuned........we only have to wait until the 18th of November for the next answer from the Qld State Government.

Lightbulb GUTLESS... Qld Government WON'T lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Just...."IMAGINE"....

IFFF private businesses called for "board meetings??" to declare who's INBOX/TRAY is whose....shame,shame,shame ,and friggin disgusting ..

these diks also presently control QLD

CUTTING "GREEN/RecFisho tape , my arse"... imo

Years ago, I had a board game called 'The Game of Nations'. The whole game was premised on the first rule of a computer program that the CIA used to predict political events in third world countries. That rule was: "Whatever a person expresses as a belief, and whatever a person sincerely intends to do, when they finally achieve power, their primary aim becomes to stay in power".

Their reasons vary of course, but it seems to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post

But dont give up on the new Qld Govt guys. These things can take time for all sorts of reasons that many people will never understand. There are some good people in there who wont give up in a hurry, i am confident of that.
    Yes moonlighter. It's not over yet.
    There are many inside govt who believe there needs to be a better deal for rec fishers. All coastal MPs want fairness and reduction of rec fishing restrictions where it is likely to be low risk to fish sustainability, marine biodiversity and other environmental values. I am still fighting for fairness and we still have time on the clock this term.
    I realise that some are running out of patience and others have given up hope.
    But again, the best thing ppl can do is contact their local MP so they know your views. If you don't they won't know and it is harder to argue for change.
    So, push your polly.

Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls for Green Zone changes

Most of us have given up hope mark, does 1 hook per person in a greenzone ring a bell???

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    Yes moonlighter. It's not over yet.
    There are many inside govt who believe there needs to be a better deal for rec fishers. All coastal MPs want fairness and reduction of rec fishing restrictions where it is likely to be low risk to fish sustainability, marine biodiversity and other environmental values. I am still fighting for fairness and we still have time on the clock this term.
    I realise that some are running out of patience and others have given up hope.
    But again, the best thing ppl can do is contact their local MP so they know your views. If you don't they won't know and it is harder to argue for change.
    So, push your polly.
    If so many inside your govt believe a better deal should be had and with your HUGE majority why the sloooooooooowwwwwww progress.

Why push you local polly if " Can Do " is a rec fisho's best friend as is already aware of the rec fisho's wish list.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

You can make up your own pay and new laws at the drop of a hat Mark, why are you dragging on this issue?

Thumbs down GUTLESS... Qld Government WON'T lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Mark-MP wasn't a fit-person to control Fishing ,as per shambles-newman decision

GREENZONES
    won't be "opened to RecFishing" unless commercially viable
    ....it's NOW f-a-i-r-l-y "obvious" imo...

Mark(past)and the PRESENT fish-minister,
    shows that the LNP were never-ever REC-FISHO-FRIENDLY

MARK MY WORDS

....once the biomass increases , so will commercial "activity"...get used 2 it

Gazza's merry-go-round/groundhog day.....theory
    [prove-me-WRONG!!! ]
    ...AND "I" truly-trust somebody DOES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    If so many inside your govt believe a better deal should be had and with your HUGE majority why the sloooooooooowwwwwww progress.

Why push you local polly if " Can Do " is a rec fisho's best friend as is already aware of the rec fisho's wish list.
    Yes Steeler....prior to the last State election, in the Ausfish thread titled What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government? MP Mark assured us all that Campbell Newman was indeed the rec fisherman's friend.
    Mark's exact words were "To start with, Campbell is a BCF bloke - into boats, camping and fishing. He may be an inner city Brisbanite, but he loves Moreton Bay and camping and fishing with family and mates."
    But Steeler, the really strange thing is that in all of Campbell Newmann's biographies, not even 1 of these activities is mentioned among his many hobbies and pastimes.
    I think we're being played for suckers..........again.