Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coalitions fishing policy release. August 2013

Re: Coalitions fishing policy release. August 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    It is a good policy IMO, like our state policy to stop the Green rot. A scientific panel to review the evidence and make recommendations for change is a good thing. Whether you personally like Tony Abbott or not (and I do) if he becomes PM, he will improve the lot of rec fishers in marine protected areas.
    he will improve the lot of rec fishers in marine protected areas
    Pretty evasive and selective answer
    How about asking Cansackem about restoring the RFEP funding to its traditional area and actually do something for rec fishos in QLD>
    Cheers
    Ray

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

I can already hear in the distance the super trawler turning its engines over .News 5 Days ago ABC TASMANIAN NEWS
    It comes as the Federal Court considers an appeal against the Federal Government's decision to ban Seafish Tasmania from using a super trawler for two years.Any day a decision may be handed down and that ban may be dropped so we may see super trawlers back in Australia," she said.

"The other reason why we're extremely concerned is that both major parties have not made it clear that they will not allow super trawlers into Australian fisheries. 5

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    Sounds like a crock of shit to me......
    I second that.

Thumbs down Re: Coalitions fishing policy release. August 2013

Shame ,shame ,shame

imo.....
    shifting of the resource via ever-reducing baglimits on RecFishos...handed to Commercial interests ,once "biomass" parameters are met/achieved , which is obvious "less red tape" means they will.... jmo

Scientific data gathered via the super trawler !
    A bit like Japanese research on whales

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Under Labor govts, the balance of rec fishing/environment vs commercial interests(pro fishing, mining, coal ports etc) is already skewed. Under coalition govts it will be far worse.

Labor = not allowed to fish.... LNP = allowed to fish but nothing left to catch

There ALL pricks... just the colour of their ties change.

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

After watching last nights Debate, Rudds a Dud and Mr (Droop) Abbott well he should put the Old Speedos back on, and just keep swimming East.

As long as the greens do not have any say

Well still wanting on what State LNP going do about ones they control in state waters on there promise they made before last state election as for the federal government yeha the LNP might win the house of respenstive But they my not have control in the senate
    So in reality they got no control over them unless get control of both houses
    Then just an easy cop out for political party that made the promise
    Anyway the way I seen people out on the water lately when home already thinking they can fish in the green zones and its get much worse because they know DPI fishery's and Marine parks only work during the week especially they had massive cut backs from Can Do no over time anymore
    It's really browning me off in that you do the right thing you do report it but don't have the resources or one get out to catch them n the act

I couldn't believe he cut the fish care volunteer program gee that was made up by majorly of volunteers just one actually full time DPI fishery's officer there to help run it & collect Infromation now hence no education going out to the public now
    Gee am sorry going off topic little bit but I am sick of all the spin from the politician's they treat us like we just come down in the last rain shower
    Mitch
    In life, start off wrong and you'll finish wrong. Put just one skeleton in the closet and you'll have to put another one in to hide the first, and so it goes.
    But start off right and you'll finish right. There's no comeback when you stick to the truth - and no skeletons!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    All good but I see flaws.

The vast majority of the " promises " are directed at the Commercial Fishery.

Recognising " Oceanwatch ", who are a conservation group with interstate ties to rec and pro fishing. We still need the Govt to recognise a peak rec fishing body, and by recognise I mean fund and engage with them and ALL things relating to the fishery.

cheers LP

This is a bit far fetched! Oceanwatch is nearly exclusively funded by the commercial fishing sector and acts more as a PR arm for such. Yes I know "they are a separately incorporated organization" " with environmental goals" etc etc but look at who controls their money. A bit of a front IMHO. They will never come out and state that a particular commercial fishing practice is wrong. Not when they have their head office at the Sydney fish markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Redspeckle View Post
    .......... but I am sick of all the spin from the politician's they treat us like we just come down in the last rain shower
    Mitch
    That would make a nice change........
    I believe that I am treated like a mushroom, kept in the dark and fed on 5h!T

If funding departments is the issue, get rid of the 'golden handshake' (for all politicians) there would be lots of money available then......there'd be no pollies if there wasn't a gravy train.

VOTE 1, Australian SEX party....at least then you know your gunna get screwed !!

G
    S***fish & chippy