Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: South Stradbroke Island Meet and Greet 27th July

South Stradbroke Island Meet and Greet 27th July

Hi Folks,
    I am planning a meet and greet at South Straddy on the 27th at South Straddy!!!! It will be informal and as per usual a BBQ style overnight gathering. Come one and all and dont be shy, there are some funny buggers among us and even some travelling up from NSW...me included.

The deal will be simple, I will decide on a location in the last week and supply a big shade and a few BBQ's....we can meet in the afternoon and have a bit of a beach party!!!!

At this stage it will most probably be around Tipplers or maybe even Couran Point Resort Marina.....waiting on a confirmation.

Please let me know if your keen ..... I will sort out ramp/parking details and fill you guys in on additional info as it gets closer!!

Cheers
    Marty
    0407 261 111
    Living the dream, Barry

Re: South Stradbroke Island Meet and Greet 27th July

Do we have to go, like, if we don't will we get banned for a week?

Good on ya bud, I would be a starter, never been to straddie so keen for a look.

Nice one Crunchy, its south straddy so a bit different to the big old girl north straddy but still a bloody noice place!!!!!

Cheers
    Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

Let me know if you need me to organise anything or take anything across for ya Capt.

Gday Marty, sounds interesting mate. I might grab a few guys and cruise down for a few beers and a feed and even leave the rods at home (maybe).

Wardy

Interested. Would be good to finally meet some of you guys

Sorry Marty

The weekend you have chosen has turned out to be one of my bussiest of the year.
    Camp out at the boys footy club on friday night. To raise funds to buy jerseys for next year...
    Rod building weekend at Mt Cotton.
    My 9 year olds B'Day pressy. WWE RAW at the enternainment center.

I think i will catch up with you at the R2M.
    Cheers Dazza

Quote Originally Posted by 2DKnBJ View Post
    Sorry Marty

The weekend you have chosen has turned out to be one of my bussiest of the year.
    Camp out at the boys footy club on friday night. To raise funds to buy jerseys for next year...
    Rod building weekend at Mt Cotton.
    My 9 year olds B'Day pressy. WWE RAW at the enternainment center.
    I think i will catch up with you at the R2M.
    Cheers Dazza
    yep..

If I am not working, I was hopefully attending the Rod Building weekend, but only if I can attend both days....

WWE sounds good too... maybe have an Amateur WWE on the beach at Couran ???

Don't know about the R2M..... haven't heard a squeak from Webby ?

Marty, sounds like a plan and depends on work etc...... just hope we ( ausfish ) are still allowed on the island.

pm coming your way.........

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    yep..

Marty, sounds like a plan and depends on work etc...... just hope we ( ausfish ) are still allowed on the island.

pm coming your way.........

cheers LP
    I seem to recall that the last South Straddie M&G did not end well at all. I'm sure with Marty to control us things will go smoothly
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    I seem to recall that the last South Straddie M&G did not end well at all. I'm sure with Marty to control us things will go smoothly
    Hi Neal,
    Was that an Ausfish gig?
    BTW heard you on the VHF today and didn't get a chance to say hi!!! Hope you guys did well.

Cheers
    Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

Marty, lock it in!

As discussed, we will come up on the Friday and make it a two nighter. So, may go out through the Seaway Sat morning for a fish if the weathers agreeable. Or chase some of Tangles Bream?

Cheers,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    Hi Neal,
    Was that an Ausfish gig?
    BTW heard you on the VHF today and didn't get a chance to say hi!!! Hope you guys did well.

Cheers
    Marty
    Yea mate it was an Ausfish gig that went a little off the rails. I didn't attend so perhaps Lucky Phill can provide the details.
    We heard you on the radio but it was so busy most of the time we didn't want to tie it up chatting. We didn't do as well as most other Ausfishers today.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I was running the boats Raymarine gear and was really impressed to be honest. Not the latest and greatest but very good gear. The GPS is a bit slow with the track but apart from that all went fine. I think we had a lucky break today N eil, Team Beeracudda normally always produces.....!
    Living the dream, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    I was running the boats Raymarine gear and was really impressed to be honest. Not the latest and greatest but very good gear. The GPS is a bit slow with the track but apart from that all went fine. I think we had a lucky break today N eil, Team Beeracudda normally always produces.....!

Maybe Team Beeracuda only produces when the team formally known as the White Rhino are aboard?

It's got you thinking doesn't it................