Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest Supertrawler news.... 26th April

Re: Latest Supertrawler news.... 26th April

Quote Originally Posted by manta man View Post
    The incoming Federal Government will not say whether it will lift a temporary ban on Seafish Tasmania's super trawler.

The former Environment Minister, Tony Burke, last year banned the Abel Tasman from operating for two years.

The decision followed a public outcry by some in the fishing industry and environmentalists concerned about stock depletion.

Tasmanian Liberal Senator Richard Colbeck, who will be the new Parliamentary Secretary to the Agriculture Minister, says he would like another survey done on fish stock levels.

Senator Colbeck says that would be on top of an expert panel's work.
    "Once that scientific work has been done, then we will make our decision based on the science," he said.

"I have to say across the board where I have been having those conversations, and I've had plenty of them, that's what people want.
    "They want decisions made on the science."
    Der! I wonder what the outcome will be?
    Senator Richard Colbeck has links to Seafish Tasmania, the company that brought the "super trawler" to Australia. And the good Senator has already posted on his own website he's looked over the science he's happy with the proposal for Seafish Tas to use the super trawler.

http://www.richardcolbeck.com.au/cur...a__fv_margiris

Hi All
    Is the trawler (ship) Geelong star the super trawler with a new name that was stop from fishing last year?

Brian
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-2...ntrols/6411038

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Der! I wonder what the outcome will be?
    Senator Richard Colbeck has links to Seafish Tasmania, the company that brought the "super trawler" to Australia. And the good Senator has already posted on his own website he's looked over the science he's happy with the proposal for Seafish Tas to use the super trawler.

http://www.richardcolbeck.com.au/cur...a__fv_margiris
    more liberal corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by hainsofast View Post
    more liberal corruption.
    Well you'll find Seafish Tasmania (operators of the super trawler) have only donated to one political party.
    ~~~><))))*>

Anyone against the super trawler needs to watch the doco 'Drawing the line'. I was totally against it until i watched this doco. Google it, very interesting.

Also check out the group on Facebook, science of the super trawler.