Thread: Stuffing Mix Crumbed Flathead

Ausfish Bronze Member OcciferNick's Avatar

Stuffing Mix Crumbed Flathead

Hi everyone,

Seeing as I had to ask for help in the positioning of my transducer in the electronics forum I thought I would add a tip for crumbing flathead or any fish for that matter. I personally hate plain old bread crumbs and what I use instead is Tandaco Stuffing Mix, preferably sage and onion (my favorite) or you could use seasoned which is really nice as well. This makes an awesome flavoured crumb for any fish. If you are tired of plain old bread crumbs then give this a try.

Method (same for crumbing anything)
    Roll fish fillets in seasoned flour
    Dip in egg which is lightly beaten
    Place fillet in a bowl of stuffing mix & press the mix onto both sides to cover the fish.
    Shallow fry in a pan of hot oil.

Regards
    Nick

Ausfish Bronze Member OcciferNick's Avatar

Re: Stuffing Mix Crumbed Flathead

Oh this is also awesome for chicken

another good one is to use half cornflake crumbs and japanese panko crumbs.. will have your mates asking how the hell did you get it like that!

Can i buy these japanese panko crumbs from coles or woolies
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Or you can crush a packet of salt and vinegar chips and substitute sweet chilli sauce for the egg
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Panko crumbs usually available at both chains tropicrows, may have to look in the asian food section. I also like to add shredded nori sheet to my crumb mix, especially with snapper/trag/cod fillets etc