Thread: NPD ( Lake Sampsonvale) 2013/4 Permits now available.

NPD ( Lake Sampsonvale) 2013/4 Permits now available.

Please go to this link for all information.
    www.prfma.com.au/
    Basically now 2 types of permit available.
    $110 single
    $150 family 2 adults and 2 children ( Ideal for family with yaks )
    Once you have paid you can then pick up your permit.

Any queries please ring the PRFMA number given on their website.
    There is also a lot of information under the articles and contributions banner.
    Cheers
    Ray

Re: NPD ( Lake Sampsonvale) 2013/4 Permits now available.

cheers fro this info Ray!

Not for this little black duck. I've got a SIP & a 'yak. I'm buggered if I'm going to fork over $$$$ to fish in a tax/rate payer owned establishment. I only catch/release Bass & as much as I respect the time, effort & thinking of PRFMA, no permit for me as there were Bass in the Nth Pine well before the dam was built (& they could get down to breed!!!) Please feel free to enlighten me on the benefits of a monopoly.
    End of rant!!!!!

All monies raised by the PRFMA go into fish stocking and these fish are available for the enjoyment of all members of the public not solely for PRFMA boating access scheme members.
    Have a look at the PRFMA website and see their stocking figures.
    Please explain what you mean by a monopoly?
    Is not having to have a SIP also a monopoly?
    Is not having a permit to boat on Somerset and Wivenhoe one?
    Permit to fish Hinze?
    The list goes on.
    Cheers
    Ray
    Or is it because you fish from a yak you are like push bike riders and want all the benefits and are not prepared to pay for the privilege.

Ray
    Don't get me going on push bike riders as I live in a rural area & on country roads they a right PITA. Try Mt Mee road on a weekend. Should not be allowed on public roads with a speed limit over 60KPH!!!!
    On to subject, I have a registered boat & RMDL as well as the kayak. The problem lies in the somewhat bewildering, to me anyway, "No Combustion Engine" ruling. My boat has a bow mounted electric trolling motor & a 60HP 4 stroke making it a no no on the lake. Obviously the size of the outboard makes it impractical to remove & replace. Why can't I just use my electric & be done with it. The amount of oil & petroleum runoff from major roads in the catchment does not support the "pollution" argument, just as the people who claim more development will bring more pollution when there's cattle, horses, pigs, deer etc with access to the lakes waters & they don't appear to have plumbed amenities. As I stated earlier, I admire the work done by each & every member of all programmes & never intended to slight them in any way. I just cannot justify an $100 fee to use my 'yak in regulated areas & as for a family, $150 is waaaay over the top. I would think getting kiddies involved at a young age would be a priority & a cut rate for families would be the go.
    My thoughts only!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Squiggles View Post
    Please feel free to enlighten me on the benefits
    The boating access scheme certainly doesn't appeal to everyone, but one benefit would be you can legally fish for bass in North Pine Dam between June 1 and August 31. If you fished for bass in the river during that 3 month period you'd be breaking the law.

Thanks Mike. I wasn't aware of the NP Dam season exclusion. I'm aware of the Bass closed season & also, wintertime brings out my Bream & Lizzie fetish. I've caught some rather OS Breambos while hunting Lizards. Funny how you hear people saying you won't catch Flathead in the cooler season?
    Steve

When SEQ water finally gets itself into gear I think we will see significant changes to all waters that they manage.
    I do not thing that they will have uniform rules across all lakes but there is significant public and political pressure to open up lakes to additional access .
    It would be nice if they allowed outboards to remain on your boat similar to Wivenhoe and Mcdonald or better still allow 4 strokes up to 60hp and a strict 6 knot speed limit similar to Lenthalls.
    I would not be surprised to see fees charged by SEQ water to be applied to all waters and all craft.
    All we can do is wait and see and be involved with the public consultations when they call them.
    Cheers
    Ray

I have bought a permit for the first time this year. Am really looking forward to fishing a dam that is only 10 minutes up the road.

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Squiggles View Post
    Ray
    I just cannot justify an $100 fee to use my 'yak in regulated areas & as for a family, $150 is waaaay over the top. I would think getting kiddies involved at a young age would be a priority & a cut rate for families would be the go.
    My thoughts only!
    Steve
    You're entitled to your opinion Steve, as I am to mine, but this old chestnut regarding the cost must wear thin every year for those PRFMA committee who put in such hard work at keeping the access scheme sustainable. It's an access fee, not a fishing fee, with limited membership. Reduce the fee/membership level, you reduce the money available for stocking. The fee includes not only access but the maintenance of that access/parking/toilets/security/keys/boat stickers/administration and other sundries. As for $150 being too expensive for a family!!!!!???????? WTF!!!!!! If the family only get on the water 10 times a year, that's 15 bucks a trip for a family of 4............hardly over the top! I'd pay that for just myself for the mere pleasure of the beauty of the place, the safe/secure parking and the ease of launching...............paid more than that each time we launched at Rudy Maas when we fished the salt, years ago along with the aggro at the ramps.

As for "getting kiddies involved" PRFMA do plenty in that area, which is undertaken by committee and members. These folk give of their own free time for the benefit of members and non-members alike and some of the activities are there for all to see at the web site................I just wish that some folk would take proper stock of just why the fees are as they are, and research via the website before they whinge about the cost..............I'm a bloody Pom for Fecks sake and you don't hear me whingeing!

Some of the activities focusing on kiddies: http://www.prfma.com.au/events.html

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    The boating access scheme certainly doesn't appeal to everyone, but one benefit would be you can legally fish for bass in North Pine Dam between June 1 and August 31. If you fished for bass in the river during that 3 month period you'd be breaking the law.
    G'day Mike
    Just for info, the closed season does not apply upstream of most impoundments & really, why would it when they can't breed. I saw wholesale slaughter years ago around Kempsey while holidaying at Hat Head when the Bass were heading down. I hope there's been a stop put to that too!!!