Thread: Snaps, Jigging, Fishfeeders first Jewie and some Crabs

Snaps, Jigging, Fishfeeders first Jewie and some Crabs

Got the call from Fishfeeder to head out 4.30 from Raby on Sunday morning with Josh, plan was to drop the pots, go over the bar and avoid the Sumos snoring. On the way I got breathe tested by 2 lovely blonde coppers who wished me well on the fishing front, as they pulled out a car passed and made an immediate left turn, well they where right on it...

Dropped a few pots and out we went, the Sumos however where hanging around the bait grounds and didnt provide a bucket of livies we requested. We found some livies and headed north, first drop with a pillie floater i got smashed then off it went, result pulled up a head of a nice snapper sharked... after that they started to come on board fast with more pan sized snaps... bait kept up with Josh on the jigs at first but not for long.

Brett couldnt score a snap at first but landed a nice big jew (his first) a nice tuskie and pearlie... Josh meanwhile was braining the snaps with some small jigs... opened my eyes and the snaps were really slamming the jigs hard.. he pulled up a very nice snapper on light gear... well he got a well deserved hard time for that...must of been squid?

We got a couple of nice pearlies as well which added to the mix....

We went wider out from Square Patch but fishing slowed down so we worked our way in but they had shut down, got a nice esky of fish, a bag of snaps, some pearlies, tuskies and a big jew and picked up 9 nice sandies on the way back...as we left we heard the Sumos and Perry trying to sweet talk some dollies under a log off Moreton...

Does it get any better?

Tangles KFC

Yea well done fellas, you guys certainly sounded like you were doing alright

Re: Snaps, Jigging, Fishfeeders first Jewie and some Crabs

Well done guys, I think you won the day with some very nice fish.

Great boat load of fish fellas. Any details on the jigs that Josh was using on the Snapper
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Horse, they werent squid jigs! im sure Josh can explain it better but he nailed them when bait wasnt getting touched
    Tangles KFC

Sorry clicked dislike by accident, there is no undislike.

Cheers

Nice fish boys ,, looks like it was a nice morning on the water,, lets hope this weather holds ,,the current slows & the water cools down for a great winter fish

I'm guessing small butterfly jigs - they work well on snaps in the bay as well...

What sort of depths were you fishing in??
    Sounds like you were kept busy all day.

Sorry boys for the late reply. Firstly, I just want to say thanks to Brett and Mike for a top day and one I'll remember for quite some time. It was my first light jigging session and very happy to get some positive results...beginners luck maybe. Horse, the jig I was using was an Ima Gun Ganpeki 40g. I was switching between different weights from 30-120g throughout the day to suit conditions. Even in 80m, the snapper didnt hesitate to smash a 80g jig. Its a good feeling to not have to touch a single bait in 7 hours of fishing. I will post some pics of the jig and the rigging system a little later

Few pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	048.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	89972

Name:	030.jpg 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	89973

Name:	024.jpg 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	89974

Name:	001.jpg 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	89975

Name:	038.jpg 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	89976

Thanks Tangles for writing the report.

Had a top day on the water, with lots of laughs and enough fish coming over the side to keep us entertained.
    I really need to find some good Pearlie areas this winter.

Had the best feed of sandies I think I have ever had last night

Thanks again to Tangles for bringing the pots and Josh for the Jigging lesson.

Cheers
    Brett