Thread: Banana Man and the Schoolies

Banana Man and the Schoolies

No this is not a tale of young kids getting smashed on the Gold Coast but a fishing report from yesterday.
    Took a mate out chasing a Spanish yesterday. Left Reddy Bay at 430am and crossed a calm bay. Headed through a bumpy SPB at the Amity end. No real channel just a duck and weave across. Went south and loaded up on small slimies and yackas then off to the mackeral hunting ground to drag some around. First baits in the water and we are fishing. About 5 minutes into the first lap and a strange pungent smell enters my nose! Having never smelt this on my boat before I turn to see said mate munging down on the yellow devil.
    WTF. He gives me a dopey look as if to say what is wrong (see photo) Anyway after explaining the tale of the sea to him and him still eating the banana his rod screams off. Well there is banana skin and banana flying everywhere as he scramble to remove the rod from the holder and by the time he gets it the fish has earned its freedom. Told ya Rest of the nana goes over the side and we continue to troll securing 7 School mackeral all told but not a Spanish in sight. We must have missed around 10 strikes that didn't stick. All schoolies I would guess.
    A great day had and crossed back through the SPB at the northern end. WOW how that has changed after the recent weather events. I got past the breakers on the back bank and hung a right thinking I would be tracking back toward Moreton as per usual but found it to be all white water with a distinct channel running straight toward Amity in a sort os SW/NE direction. Did anyone else find this or was I just way off track?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Banana Man resize.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	89888Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schoolies Resize.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	89889

Re: Banana Man and the Schoolies

Hi Jason, was that you coming back in around 1.30 pm? If so, I saw you coming back through the bar, and thought WOW, no make that WOH, either you're lost or you have found a new channel. I've PM'd you the current Northern channel, but remember it changes regularly.

Glad you had a good day, we ended up with a mixed bag of Snapper, Pearlies, Parrot, Hussar, AJ and a 102cm Mac Tuna caught on a soft plastic.

No comment on the banana

Cheers
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_L View Post
    Hi Jason, was that you coming back in around 1.30 pm? If so, I saw you coming back through the bar, and thought WOW, no make that WOH, either you're lost or you have found a new channel. I've PM'd you the current Northern channel, but remember it changes regularly.

Glad you had a good day, we ended up with a mixed bag of Snapper, Pearlies, Parrot, Hussar, AJ and a 102cm Mac Tuna caught on a soft plastic.

No comment on the banana

Cheers
    Al
    Nah mate came back around 10am. Thanks for the marks. I don't often use that end preferring to go through the Amity end.

nice feed macca ...went northern channel this morning has changed shitloads in the past 6 weeks,come back in about 1 hr b4 dead low tide this arvo and could nearly jump from the boat onto the sand on moreton on the last shit corner..
    cheers rosco

How did you go Rosco?

I keep telling you blokes bananas are good fortune!!
    Check my avatar-living proof

Tony

Good to see you got a feed Macca ,despite the yellow fruit ! The water down at Palmy still looked like Coka cola 2 days ago and no fish.

Macca nice feed and home so early

Well done Macca good stuff mate very nice feed of schoolies gotta love the SPB living up to it's name very unpredictable. When I was heading out yesterday morning some radioed the coast guard to say there was a tinny there anchored up near the bar with nobody in it.
    LOVIN THE GOOD TIMES FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE THE SPORT TIGHT LINES PEOPLE.....

Quote Originally Posted by fisho8 View Post
    Well done Macca good stuff mate very nice feed of schoolies gotta love the SPB living up to it's name very unpredictable. When I was heading out yesterday morning some radioed the coast guard to say there was a tinny there anchored up near the bar with nobody in it.
    We heard the same thing. Never saw the tinny though
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Yeah there were a few dramas though the day one guy got water in his fuel and I think John Gooding helped him out and a guys missus got really crook and he was fishing wide and it was going to take him an hour to get in. Turns out from what I heard she had a stroke...Poor bugger hope his missus come's through ok.
    LOVIN THE GOOD TIMES FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE THE SPORT TIGHT LINES PEOPLE.....

Hey Macca, and the penalty for such a cardinal sin is ?????????

I'm thinking probable confiscation of those flash looking sunglasses.

Cheers mate