Thread: Offshore southern moreton

Offshore southern moreton

Decided to head out today to beat the weekend crowd. Went through the northern channel on south passage bar with the tide going out. There was plenty of pressure waves and a decent swell, copped about 3 waves over the front on the way out but all good. Heading back this afternoon was tricky as the channel was hard to see with plenty of white water around the bar. Between two very amateur fisherman we managed to get 4 squire, 2 pearlies and a red throat. Had a great day with my bro and charged the batteries in the boat.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fishing.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	89837  

Re: Offshore southern moreton

nice feed there mate

I'm very amateur and heading out tommorrow so I may have a chance then. Good work guys.

Nice pan size mate- good effort!

Tony

Do you know what reef you were on?
    29's or 33's?
    Heading out tomorow for the first time in a whole. Hopefully I can post a good report tomorow night for you all.
    What type of boat are you in Corndog23.
    I'm in a 6m half cabin YaltaCraft.
    I'll keep an eye out for you. Might be able to give you some pointers.

Hey Finicky, I covered a lot of ground the other day including 29's, 33's and out to square patch. Biggest thing I noticed was that out at square patch the water was a really deep blue colour, whereas 29's and 33's were slightly dirty which is where the catch came from. The current picked up in the afternoon and 16oz sinkers where at their limit with a sea anchor out.

well done I'm glad someone got a feed.
    looked like our catch on Sunday at Chardons reef, except ours were undersized just.
    pinkies, pearlies, grassies and damn Grinners.