Thread: Somerset Crayfish

Somerset Crayfish

Is anyone catching many crayfish in Somerset dam lately?

Re: Somerset Crayfish

With 359 views and no replies I'm going with NO then........................

pulled around 350-450 last weekend (gave up counting) from friday to sunday only got 3 during the day in deeper water all the others where caught leaving in friday and saturday night....

hopefully this works.. summerset yabs
    Attached Images Attached Images

great haul Barra. What depth and bait did you use?
    Dave
    Not to get technical...... but according to Chemistry, ALCOHOL IS A SOLUTION

under 8m just all in rocky bays no special area, we used soap(first time its nothing to special),rockmelon,honeydew,and sweet potato all mixed up the rock melon seems to get eaten over night (left with skin) so we put a few pieces of uncooked sweet potato to keep them in eating.. had a can of cat food in one pot also worked well..

can u still put nets in without a permit or licence i have not been there in a few years
    my rides 3.7 m tinnie
    V8 vn ss
    GQ swb patrol

Quote Originally Posted by *shrek* View Post
    can u still put nets in without a permit or licence i have not been there in a few years
    *shrek* you need both a permit for fishing and a permit for boating at Somerset, unless boat has a 4h/p or under motor then no boating permit required.
    Cheers Axl

shrek as Axl said but you wont need a permit to throw red claw pots off the banks.
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Boat permit "Yes", line & set lines fishing permit "Yes" but no permit is needed for Redclaw traps at all from anywhere!
    Check the DAFF regs.

Are these found anywhere north of Brisbane area? Around Central Qld ?

Probably a stupid question but is the limit for traps 4 per person (same as crab pots)?

yes check out the fisheries website can't go wrong then

Quote Originally Posted by jmwarner View Post
    Probably a stupid question but is the limit for traps 4 per person (same as crab pots)?
    Same regs as tidal waters as far as the traps themselves go, see here http://www.daff.qld.gov.au/28_3023.htm
    Cheers Axl