Thread: Nth NSW land fisho's allowed in Green Zones

Nth NSW land fisho's allowed in Green Zones

Just stumbled across this article. Might be of interest for our Northern Rivers mates.

http://www.byronnews.com.au/news/fis...emned/1791318/
    Cheers,
    Chris

Re: Nth NSW land fisho's allowed in Green Zones

About time some common sense entered the debate on marine parks. I'm heading down to Suffolk Park for the week before Easter without the boat so keen to explore land based options. Looks like my options just expanded. All I need now is the same level of co-operation from the weather gods.
    Cheers Rob

I'd say that is the best news the local fishos there have had for years, I'm stoked for 'em!
    A blow against the Green lock-out mentality and a win for common sense, long overdue!

nigelr...imo...sensible decision...for starters.. ....

t-h-e....LNP... i-s... a... B-I-T... s-s-s-l-l-l-o-o-o-w-w-w...................................

....I-N Q-U-E-E-N-S-L-A-N-D... M8

please stop taunting U-S ...

they are called pink zones down here haha but what great news, my Jewfish beach is open again

wish they would apply some more science to the Deep sea as well

cheers Murf

Hmmm I see they have not reopened them as such, but they have told fisheries not to prosecute anyone fishing the areas.

I'm down there tomorrow I wonder if I could push it and fish without a licence!

This is good news and a fair result in my view. The audit has been important so that decisions are evidence based and include a risk analysis. Unfortunately this takes time for governments to do it properly.