Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sea Shepherd judged to have committed acts of piracy

Sea Shepherd judged to have committed acts of piracy

The US Court of appeals recently judges that the actions of Sea Shepherd (ramming and attacking Japaneses whaling vessels) is in fact an act of piracy under international law.
    OPINION
    KOZINSKI,
    Chief Judge

"You don’t need a peg leg or an eye patch. When you ram ships; hurl glass containers of acid; drag metal-reinforced ropes in the water to damage propellers and rudders; launch smoke bombs and flares with hooks; and point high-powered lasers at other ships, you are, without a doubt, a pirate, no
    matter how high-minded you believe your purpose to be"
    Read the whole judgement here.
    http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastor...5266%20web.pdf

Of course now that the pirates have Bob Brown as their "leader" they will no doubt get even more crazy and dangerous.

I found it interesting that the US does not recognise Australian sovereignty in the region, but a quick search reveals that in fact only New Zealand, United Kingdom, France & Norway do!

Regardless of your position on whaling, there can be no doubt that recent video footage clealry shows Sea Shepherd has deliberately rammed vessels and endangered the lives of both their own crew and the lives of those on the other vessels.
    Bob Brown thinks this is a "citizens arrest" and promotes acts of violence to get your own way when the courts of law don't rule in your favour.
    He should be tried for inciting piracy and locked up in the same cell as the master, crew and other participants of the vessells carrying out the piracy.
    Last edited by Owen; 03-03-2013 at 09:12 AM. Reason: speeling
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Re: Sea Shepherd judged to have committed acts of piracy

Not sure if it's a case of Bob Brown finally finding a group simple minded enough to subscribe to his particular brand of lunacy, of it's Green Peace finally having found someone simple minded enough to champion theirs??

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2013/s3698983.htm
    Cheers,
    Owen

It sure is an act of piracy. There is no doubt about that. It is only relevant to us what court thinks what, if they recognise that water is ours.

That is not our sovereign region until we are prepared to defend it. So ifwe are too piss weak to enforce our laws in the region, then it is not ours.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

It might be an act of piracy but for how many years has Japan used the excuse of " Scientific Research "
    Let's face it, they have fished out there own backyard ( wonder how much longer the dolphin slaughter is going to last)
    And now they don't care who's back yard they fish in nor whether or not they wipe out species ?
    If it was not for those who put a limit on or stopped whaling, had it not been for those people, than it would not be a problem today as there would be no whales.
    Wonder what would happen if the antartic was designated as a marine park ?? Think Japan would take notice ??
    ykmv.

Yeah its probly piracy, probly dangerous but at least they have the guts to do what our govt should be doing...

I don't care what it is, if i called the shots the Sea Shepard would have scud missiles attached to it and the deckies would carry rocket launchers.

Who wants to know why so many (traditional) pirates have eye patches?
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by ranga7 View Post
    I don't care what it is, if i called the shots the Sea Shepard would have scud missiles attached to it and the deckies would carry rocket launchers.
    If I had my way the Sea Shepherd would have been blown out of the water on its 1st trip along with all the people who try to force their point of view on others.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

Quote Originally Posted by FishHunter View Post
    If I had my way the Sea Shepherd would have been blown out of the water on its 1st trip along with all the people who try to force their point of view on others.

Yep, im with you on that one

I just checked on their USA e-store and an 8 x 10 photo of Captain Paul Watson is $6.00. The 5 x 7 photo is $8.00??!

Bloody Pirates!!
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by FishHunter View Post

. I couldn't agree more myself ,if the Japanese defended themselves and sunk sea shepherd I don't care ...Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Has anybody else actually ate whale?
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FatBuoy View Post
    Who wants to know why so many (traditional) pirates have eye patches?
    Cmon FatBuoy, give us the lowdown! Got anything to do with seagulls mate?

When going from the outside top deck, down into the cabin on a bright day , it really often takes a minute or more for your eyesight to re-adjust.
    At this point you are useless, even vulnerable.
    By swapping the covered/darkened eye patch to cover the other eye, you can speed up your vision transfer and combat work/readiness very quickly.

It is disturbing that anybody would defend a sailboat, but that did used to happen.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

So if the greenies decide that once they've stopped the killing of whales that they should start ramming all boats they think are murdering sea kittens then that's all good?

If the Japanese are breaking the law it's up to the government to prosecute.
    If they aren't breaking the law then you're free to lobby government to make it illegal.
    Cheers,
    Owen