Thread: Easter options

Easter options

Hi Ausfishers, how are you?

Im trying to see where to go for Easter this year. Been thinking might head west, out to BP dam or Glenlyon or something. I have only fresh water fished a few times before, will all this rain have affected fishing one way or another.

Im Brissy based, but am prepared to travel in order to beat the crowds some what.
    An suggestions or advice would be great.

Thanks in advance.
    Rob

Bp might be all right but boondooma will be buggered plenty of red claw before the rain

Re: Easter options

Cheers Shulzy,
    Does it get stupid busy out there over the Easter break?

Yeah usually pretty packed because the dam is so full but the poor fishing might keep most of the fishos away but there will be plenty of ski boats around its a nice spot to go camping great amenities and fish cleaning bench

I ,m heading to glenlyon for easter i,ve been speaking to Brian he,s said dam is fishing well .

Hi Rob,

Was out at Glenlyon last weekend, fished friday arvo, sat morning and dusk. 7 yellow and 1 eeltail plus a couple of undersize throwbacks. Caught using both shrimp and worms. Eaten a couple of the yellows this week - yum

The cleaning table bins had some good scraps, everyone I spoke to caught something.

Also with the rain it's quite nice and green out that way at the moment, we had a ball and will be back for sure.

Cheers,
    Shane

stay at home it'll be raining..

After this weather the past two months I would probably head to Ebor or Barrington Tops for a change of scenery and some trout chasing this easter......the local dams are going to be completely packed.
    If I had a 4wd atm I would also consider Moreton Island if there are any camp sites left.
    Jack.

Thanks blokes,
    How is the camping at Glenlyon? Is there room to spread out?

Camp sites are a good size, each one has a fireplace/bbq (no open fires on the ground). We usually camp but stayed in a cabin last weekend due to only staying 2 nights. We have a 'family' tent plus spinifex gazebo, hilux and boat and haven't had any problems with space. Granted, we haven't been there over easter or school holidays so don't really know how busy it gets, or how much people spread out... each time we've camped there has been empty lots each side.

Cheers,
    Shane

Just got back from another 4 days at Glenlyon, caught a lot more this time. 2 boats, 6 fishing and caught 40+ yellows plus a silver, 1/2 a dozen eeltail catties and 1 cod but it was only 500. The water level was rising and temp was higher than last trip, good conditions.

Did you end up going away Rob? how did you go?

Cheers,
    Shane