Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LOG ON LOG OFF TRIP PLANNER - Free To Use.

Re: LOG ON LOG OFF TRIP PLANNER - Free To Use.

Is this only available for Queensland at the moment . I'm with the VMR NSW and that would be a great asset especially when skippers forget to log off , assists , rescues .

Quote Originally Posted by midcoast learner View Post
    Is this only available for Queensland at the moment . I'm with the VMR NSW and that would be a great asset especially when skippers forget to log off , assists , rescues .
    The system can be used by anyone in the world who then just emails to their mate or maybe wife as an idea.

If a VMR, CG or a local rescue group have an email address, it could be sent to them to monitor.

One reason I built the template was because Austfish skippers in previous threads have commented on the fact that a lot of the rescue groups are closed when they leave the boat ramp and have no-one to tell. Another reason was to try and allow those leaving more remote "secret spots" to at least tell a friend with sealed lips (a non big brother watching).

The template is FREE and the more that use it we will not have the stupid cases that occurred recently in Moreton Bay when the overdue alarm was raised by FAMILY that hubby (ies) was not home. One resulted in rescue crews being called out at 11:30PM and finding them asleep onboard. Another where there the boys were having a quiet sunset beer onshore. Water Police, Helicopter, VMR not happy jan...

Any way.. IF YOU SAW WHAT WE SEE, YOU WON'T DO WHAT YOU DO..

Remember.. www.logonlogoff.com.au

Peter

brilliant system Peter, simple but brilliant .

not sure if it would have helped these two blokes, well it would have if they logged the info but they were so slack they probably would not have, didnt even have epirb or any other saftey equipment, let alone making a sea anchor ...i guarantee they invested in safety gear now!

they drifted 70klm for two days....stop talking because they feared the worse,,,said they had water but no food , apparently must have been out of luck or bad fisherman, as well as losing all their bait (i'd eat bait if i had to), its ok we can tease them now that they are OK, otherwise its like Bourke and Wills where they would have died from no food even though they are surrounded by fish and wildlife

cheers
    chippy

Just a thank you to those who are using the service and a reminder to those who don't tell anyone where you are going and where you're returning... Remember the poor VMR volunteer over the Easter weekend who has to console the wife and kids back on land because you're overdue.. With all the Log On Log Off services available, there really is no excuse...

www.logonloff.com.au - It's free to tell someone who cares...
    Peter
    engage, educate, encourage