Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally Stopped A Jack Last Night

Re: Finally Stopped A Jack Last Night

Nice fish matt good fun at that size.
    You dont need to go down the coast to get Jacks mate plenty of spots much closer to home with great numbers of Jacks. Biggest problem im having this season is finding small enough ones to land. There laughing at me fishing 50lb/60lb Leader....

PS You Finished that Haines yet?

Good on you Matt

Seen some good footage of you smashing some big bad boys when you were a young buck

Great fish Matt! Very brave. Good thing taxpayers didn't have to fork out tens of thousands for a helicopter rescue.

6000 views! What is the record for views? Don't think I have seen so many before.

Anyway your risk paid off. Well done.

Cheers

Archer, Geez sounds like you have to go 80lb! Where's a report? Don't ask about the Haines.......slow progress in 2012 due to house renos, but they are done now and ready to finish it this year. I may have started another project as well....

Childers, that was way back in a time BC (Before Children). I only get the odd shot at them these days, but savour it more, and appreciate every fish!

Symetre, This was Friday night before the storms kicked in. The only danger to myself was from my wife because I didn't check the mobile, or tell her I would an hour or two late!

6000 is not huge, I think everyone was stuck at home with nothing to do, so spending time on the internet - if they had it.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Haven't bothered with a report once i manage to stop one of the big jacks ill post it up for sure!! Getting heaps around 50-54cm mark think im up to 12 or so this season. Have had as many as 15 bust offs in night and were not fishing tight to structure...Been great fun season so far be nice to stop one of the big Jacks some of them have been simply insane. One fish clean broke a locked up drag running 50lb...
    Well have to catchup one day so i can check out your Haines and ill take you for a run in my Haines 146. Jack session maybe!

Joe

Awesome Joe! definitely sounds insane! Looking forward to that report.

Cheers,

Matt

mee too....went out last night...couldn't get any livies so dead bait it was.... missed 3 hits and got dusted twice into the bricks...surface action was back on agian...good to see.
    Paul

Paul was that in the nerang? I would have thought it was still to dirty to fish well?

Hey Matt nice fish!

Don't you know ya gotta ask my permission to fish my back paddock! Ha Ha! Glad u didn't tell me u were going I was going stir crazy and thought about heading out too but my Mrs would've throttled me I reckon! After the carnage that storm caused you would have been more frightened to cop the wrath of (your Wife) May than the wrath of God! LOL! :-)

Hopefully they'll keep biting after this mud settles a bit

nice one matt