Page 1 of 43 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Swains Trailer Boat Trash Trip

Swains Trailer Boat Trash Trip

OK, who is up for the trip of a lifetime? An Ausfish M&G at the extreme limits of trailerboat range. The closest areas of the Swains are 65-70NM out of Stanage with the Percys offering a good anchorage and beach access at around the 30NM mark. The other departure spot would be from Clairview. This adds another 20NM to the Percy leg but avoids the 100km (3-4hrs) of dirt road into Stanage. It also has the added delights of the Casa Bull Resort.
    One game plan would be to spend a day getting to the kick off spot. Day two would be getting everything sorted and then slip out to the Percys. A raft up and refuel session then up at first light to run out to the Swains (about 35-40NM). Spend the night out there then head back to civilization mid afternoon. Either overnight at Percys or back to home base.
    The entire trip would be very weather dependant (especially beyond the Percys) and will chew up the best part of a week.
    Now all we need is for some CQ locals to give us the heads up on the best time of year to plan it. I have had some pretty poor weather between April and May in Stanage
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 04-04-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Re: Swains Trailer Trash Trip

Lets Roll....depending on dates.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If one of you fools want me on your boat, ill be there!!!

Come on horse we are not trailer trash mate we are "trailer boat trash"and yes I'm keen

I have both my hands up guys if you need a deckie/driver/beer bitch !!!

Great idea Horse

I suppose over the next week or so the Skippers who are looking to do the trip will have to sort out crew. All I can say is Pick Me, Pick Me, Pick Me
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Yep Im in, ..........need dates. As this gets closer I feel we will need a meeting to nut out finer details...
    Living the dream, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by fishfeeder View Post
    I have both my hands up guys if you need a deckie/driver/beer bitch !!!

Great idea Horse
    Obviously we will be needing a beer bitch!!! The problem will be trying to get to them before you do...

might be able to do a deal with a mothership out there for a rendezvous of beer/food/fuel?
    Living the dream, Barry

I would be down for that but I only got a 240l fuel tank. look forward to the lead up to it and the reports... Cheers

I will be looking for deckies...please post resume's to my pm box
    Living the dream, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    Resume's you say. How about settle down princess (that's the nice version for the kiddies) and give me a spot other wise I do have other mates.
    On a different note muddy toes you looking for a deckie I may have burnt a bridge or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    Don't forget the mandatory swim suit shot for your resume.
    Marty, I thought your crew was sorted after the negotiations with the Agnes Backpackers
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Don't forget the mandatory swim suit shot for your resume.
    Marty, I thought your crew was sorted after the negotiations with the Agnes Backpackers
    he wouldn't know what to do with them i better go and show him. not the best job but someone has to take one for the team and do it....

Lucee good of you to look after the backpackers boyfriends for us !!!