Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Swains Trailer Boat Trash Trip

Re: Swains Trailer Boat Trash Trip

Now lets get a screen shot of it in meters for us youngens out there..............

Got my new spinning rod delivered today just in time for me to leave tonight.
    24kg t-curve revolution. Now to buy a reel when I get home in 2 weeks.
    Thinking the saltist.

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    Surely we can find a few fish in that area! Is that map in north up or course up?
    Magnetic North.

and ........... it is a chart....... NOT a map.... you Nautical Buoy
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

It is a pretty map. Now where is all the numbers that we put into the screens in the boat that tells us where we need to be?

Quote Originally Posted by lucee81 View Post
    It is a pretty map. Now where is all the numbers that we put into the screens in the boat that tells us where we need to be?
    Kaypee has those...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368441035.606461.jpg

My navionics app cuts out at the swains. Will have to check the charts in the hds, I think I got the platinum card.

Might pay to check

Quote Originally Posted by mustang5 View Post
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368441035.606461.jpg

My navionics app cuts out at the swains. Will have to check the charts in the hds, I think I got the platinum card.

Might pay to check
    I had to download that area but i get heaps more detail on navionics on my phone

Quote Originally Posted by lucee81 View Post
    Got my new spinning rod delivered today just in time for me to leave tonight.
    24kg t-curve revolution. Now to buy a reel when I get home in 2 weeks.
    Thinking the saltist.
    Way to get the same rod as me.............are you putting a Saltiga Dogfight on it?

Surely we can find a few fish in that area! Is that map in north up or course up?
    The day you realize its a chart and not a map then you won't have to ask that question
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    The day you realize its a chart and not a map then you won't have to ask that question
    Its called a map to all us young folk, also should be in metres so that we can understand it...

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Way to get the same rod as me.............are you putting a Saltiga Dogfight on it?
    More likely the saltist as I can swindle $300 unnoticed in 2 weeks where $700 is a tad harder.
    Okay challenge accepted, will try for $700 and if I only make half way then I get a saltist.

OK fellas. Time to start putting the details into place. Can each skipper shoot through a crew list to me via PM. Can you send
    Vessel name
    Type
    Call sign
    Crew
    Contact phone number
    Contact email.
    I will put it into a data base and email to each skipper

We also need to lock in the kick off day. I would suggest we plan to hit Clairview (or Stanage if that's your choice) sometime on Friday 21st June ready to make the run on the Sat or whenever the weather window opens. We will make the final decision to go during the week before depending on the weather. Departure can be put off a few days if the weather window is later in the week. This may not suit some but if we can still get a few boats together we will still have a crack at it
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Its called a map to all us young folk, also should be in metres so that we can understand it...
    Maps, metres and talk of course up. You youngfellas better stick close. I don't want you getting lost out there
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

May I suggest, Neil, you get emergency phone numbers from members as well as sort out the VHF radio channels in advance.

Hope the weather holds, guys.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Maps, metres and talk of course up. You youngfellas better stick close. I don't want you getting lost out there
    Maps, Metres and Course up. Now your talking my language. Who wants to look at a GPS that shows your little boat icon going the opposite way to your course. Thats just confusing. Especially when you cant pick up the plotter and turn it around like a refadex. Also need to add KM/H and L/KM. None of this miles and knots crap.