Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Green Zones to STAND

Re: Green Zones to STAND

Perhaps its time for a truckload of new stickers with "I fish and I vote" on them just to act as a reminder
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Keyword in Marks post was SINCE the election.

Appears diff to prior the election.

Another one of those all in the fine print things Phill talks about.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Gotta agree with you, Finga. At the moment, there is a lot of squirming and weasel talk coming out of the LNP enthusiasts that was not there before the election.

We will get the same when the other side is in power, of course, but it is the LNP apologists, squirmers, pedantic analysts of the possible meaning or interpretation of a word here or there - was it a promise? commitment? an ephemeral notion? a vibe? - who are excruciatingly annoying right now.

Who gives a flying %$@# what it was? It was sold, no matter how it was put.

I think that the LNP has done some sensible things in the area of cost containment since they have arrived but apart from the relaxation on water restrictions, which I will pay for, not much has improved in my life because of them.

The below is approved by the sender to be posted on Ausfish.

Hi Phill,

Following from the CM article yesterday, I just checked the AF forum. I fully support moves to have the green zones reviewed along the lines outlined before the last election. You are fully aware that submissions to Government must be rigorous and have strong support if they stand any chance of being successful. The following brief comments might be useful to be posted on AF:

"Minister Dixon ( Dickson ) is correct in his statement quoted in the Courier Mail last Friday, "State Marine Park boundaries in Moreton Bay are based on science, and fishers had been consulted".

Former Minister McNamara established the Moreton Bay Marine Park Zoning Plan Review Scientific Advisory Panel, chaired by Professor Greenfield (ex UQ vice chancellor). In its report to the Minister this scientific panel recommended in relation to green zones "that the International Convention on Biological Diversity target of 10% minimum be adopted."

The Qld Government public consultation paper and public submission form on the MBMP was released in Dec 2007, with a deadline for submissions of 7 March 2008. This is the official consultation document - the public meetings which I attended were for the Government to advise how those interested might go about making a formal submission. The meetings were NOT consultation meetings on zoning arrangements. The specific zoning arrangements described in the consultation paper were also based on science making provisions for about equal inclusion of all the habitat types in the various zones.

So what is the problem/issue? The Government decision on green zones ignored the advice of its own scientific advisory panel (10% green zones), and increased this to 16% apparently to shore up green preferences - a purely political action! We should be saying that we want 6% of the green zones rescinded - or some other equivalent action - like allowing rec fishers access to some of the good fishing locations that were lost by green zone declaration.

Minister Dixon ( Dickson ) should be requested to review his decision in the light of the past Labor Government's moves to secure green preferences by increasing the green zones to 16% - not to 10% as recommended by the independent scientific advisory panel and the International Convention on Biological Diversity.

I admire and support the moves by AF folks to fix the MBMP green zone issue. Sunfish has also been doing this in other ways. It is important to correctly frame the submissions that any of us make to Government in support of rec fishing. Inadvertent factual errors in submissions to government should be avoided. I am happy to help out if you want information or advice at any time.

Dr Barry Pollock... Chairman, Sunfish

Cheers, Barry
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

OH Dear !

And therein lies the issue at heart.

" not much has improved in my life because of them ".

This is exactly why I am self employed, have and make my own choices in all matters pertaining to my life..... I ... ME .... myself is responsible for " improving my life ". I do not depend on government decisions , handouts, legislation, promises or offers to " improve my life ".

We are not owed anything by the Government of the day, apart from what was / is promised by them to the people that voted for them. Yes, there is fine print and in every contract, whether verbal or written there is fine print, we cannot avoid that and must understand it. If we choose to ignore it or pretend it does not exist, it will bite us and worse still, if we do not read it or understand it, we will lead a false life, believe falsehoods.

The topic is the Green Zones to stand and as pointed out, the decision was only in respect of the one rod/ one hook issue and not the review of the science, as the undertaking was given, pre-election and by the MP's own words " the governments position has not changed since the election ".

In fact, the only decision was to address a petition from a constituent, so really, the matter has not been placed in front of the Minister by any of his collegues or leader, which as I understand it, means........... nothing has changed in respect of Green Zones in MBMP since the implimentation of them a few years ago.

So, is this bad or good news ?

Status Quo exists, so no more impact on Rec Fishers in respect of the MBMP since the new Government came to power. Certainly we would like to see the zones reviewed and of course we would like to see commonsense prevail.... ( one hook rule ). How do we get this issue " on the table ". ???

I have to ask, apart from signing the petition, who here has actually written to the Minister and asked for the review. ??????????

Further, could you post up the response you got ?

Thanks in advance

LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 20-01-2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: spelling is really bad... too bad. !

Ah damn! I slipped up. I started to read one of these posts that I would prefer to not have to see if only... Luckily, I only saw the first bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post

This is exactly why I am self employed, have and make my own choices in all matters pertaining to my life..... I ... ME .... myself is responsible for " improving my life ". I do not depend on government decisions , handouts, legislation, promises or offers to " improve my life ".
    Sooooo - you don't care who is in government then?

Not only that, you don't care if government is taking your money and offers nothing in return. Not likely.

I do not depend on government decisions , handouts, legislation, promises or offers to " improve my life ".

Of course you do. In one of your other posts you were boasting about how with the tax rules, you make a profit on the vehicles that you buy. That is just another form of welfare. You, LP, are a government welfare recipient!

OH Deary deary me..........

Trees and Forests............

here's a couple of very important words, if I may..

" Depend " and " Welfare ". Used in context have specific meanings...... used loosely deems the user..........?

Good news is.... I only missed one answer in the Sunday Mail TV crossword.

And, the Brisbane Heat won the T-20.

I look forward to the response you got from the Minister, Charlie, about your concerns over the MBMP Green Zones....

FWIW, I have recieved nothing back from Maria Mohr, which is poor form......... a follow up phone call, this time should sort it.

LP

The topic is the Green Zones to stand and as pointed out, the decision was only in respect of the one rod/ one hook issue and not the review of the science, as the undertaking was given, pre-election and by the MP's own words " the governments position has not changed since the election ".
    LP

Poppycock, the petition or Minister Dickson's reply never mentioned one rod/one hook in green zones, if you read the e-petition you'd realise it asked for a review....
    Review the current marine national parks (MNPs) plans in Queensland state waters with a view to allowing sustainable recreational fishing activity in selected MNPs where environmental impacts are not significant, in line with the International Union for Conservation of Nature.

The Minister then told MP Mark and the rest of us what we could do with our review
    Minister Steve Dickson MP ; "Given the extremely large area of marine waters in Queensland available for recreational fishing, it is not considered that any change is required to the existing State marine park zones at this time."

But apparently this is all in keeping with MP Mark's, Campbell's, and the LNP's election eve commitment of a review.
    "What we've committed to is reviewing the issue of recreational fishing access. We don't believe it's currently fair."

Facts are facts Phill, and as the moderator of a fishing site with over 140,000 members, I recon you should be holding pollies of every persuasion to their rec-fishing commitments, (esp commitments made to us on this site) and not running interference and making excusses for certain Pollies you like.

BTW Phill, can you ask MP Mark why he dropped from his Facebook "friends" list, I'm cut up about it.
    Cheers
    ~~~><))))*>

Hey LP, in the light of your stated fierce independence, you haven't reconsidered the need to submit posts behind the protection of a moderator log-in, have you?

I know that General Cosgrove used to have a female bodyguard but I wouldn't think that a real leader of men like you would need such girly protection.

Thanks Mike.

Yes... You are correct and I apologise for addressing the wrong petition. Should have checked the Petition Number which was 1964/12.

I have re-read my posts and cannot see the interference running... albeit a boo boo petition comment in this thread.

The petition is as stated in regard to Federal zones and accompanying State review.

Pretty poor response though, with 249 signatures in 11 weeks it was open. Or, was it a good response ? dunno.

Where to now ?

Once I get the responses from people here about how their fishing was affected by the zoning and the responses from the Minister to their contacts ( letters ), I will submit another query to the Minister.... either directly or in-directly.

Charlie...... still have no idea what you are on about... maybe you and Gazza should get together for a " non-sensical " post-a-thon.

Forgive me, but I may have missed the " Leader " election...... again dear chap, using your own words to deflect attention from the questions I have raised. Wouldn't it be simplier to answer the questions and then using those answers to base your debate on. ???

Really no point in it, is there, if there are no answers....... so back to the topic.

I suppose I'll go back to a previous post and wait until the Minister is presented with the facts and submissions by other parties interested in championing the Rec Fishers cause.

BTW....... we are 4/109 in the ODI.

LP

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    To be honest I'm over all this political mumbo-jumbo.
    I'm tired of semantics and I'm tired of political 'get out of Goal free cards' like Steve Dickson, has not yet had a reasonable opportunity to address the issue
    I can only remember what was implied before an election and I can remember what was delivered, but more importantly, I will remember what was not delivered, and most importantly, I'll remember what I was misled about.
    Before the election I was led to believe the LNP were going to allow one line per person into Green Zones until the science said otherwise. How's the science going?
    The LNP may have been in power for only 10 months but real science takes time. When does the real science begin?

I'm just sick to death of politics, politicians, their bullsh!t and their blatant signs of contempt to the average voter.
    Voters got them into their jobs and voters can get them out of their jobs.
    The only trouble is Scott , by the time they are voted out , they have had their snouts in the trough for at least three years and are set up for life .

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    What is it about people with boats that use sounders that ticks you off so much?
    Just having a dig, I am a bitter ol man remember... well heading that way fast

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by lucee81 View Post
    I think I need compensation. My eyes feel as though they have been raped for reading this.
    You do realize it would include land based?
    Nothing like a good ol fashioned troll, only got two nibbles though, no takers..

It must be politics.

Though at least on this site you can have a decent political rave without being gunned down, mind you I have a very basic understanding of politics.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by MudRiverDan View Post
    mind you I have a very basic understanding of politics.

Ah - it is not that hard, Dan.

The people who ridiculed the previous government are now defensively bleating a lot in the face of a stunningly lacklustre performance by their political leaders.

Sheep bleat. So, by definition, the overt LNP supporters must be sheep.

As any country boy knows, if you want to lead sheep anywhere, you put a goat at the head of them and they will follow the goat slavishly.

Yeah - that pretty well sums up the relationship between the active supporters of this current government and their leaders.

See - politics is easy to understand.

Red face Re: Green Zones to STAND

maybe you and Gazza should get together for a " non-sensical " post-a-thon
    Hey you Pink drink ,rose-coloured glasses wearer with Blue-Blood... imo

AIN'T gunna happen ,you dig yourself and the LNP out of the shithole of false promises , and to-date ZERO,ZIP,ZILCH delivery... jmo
    {Finga , can read it backwards if unable to comprehend my "disappointment" in the LNP...}

p.s. Charlies' posts make a lot of sense to me , a lot of times , but he's under his own steam with his own posts/opinions/statements , as am "I"