Thread: Hi everyone, great to be here :)

Hi everyone, great to be here :)

Hi Everyone, my name is Xavier.

I have trolled this site on and off for a year or so from Google and I decided it is about time I joined and paid my dues

I am not the most experienced fisherman, I use to go a lot (every weekend) up until a couple years ago, then work got crazy and I never had the time. Now I am getting back into it and wondering how I ever let myself stop!

I am close to the Brisbane river, around Murarrie / Raptis area, and I work occasionally out at Raby Bay so I plan to start fishing in the canals and off the coast after work. I am limited to land fishing as I don't own a boat or boat licence

My favorite local fish is the good ol' Flathead, mainly because it was my first catch as a kid and they are ugly little suckers but good eating! I'd love to catch a jew fish and perhaps one day catch and release a bully.

As I said, I consider myself pretty green and I am keen to grow my skills and catch some amazing fish thanks to the knowledge and skills given to me by others.

So, great to be apart of the community and I hope to see you all around!

Cheers,

Xavier

Re: Hi everyone, great to be here :)

Gday Xavier, Welcome to the site mate.

Thanks Todddo

Hi Xavier

I was in a very similar situation as you, lurking around this site for ages and finally joining in. There are a lot of good people here, willing to give advice etc. Its also good to just be able to share the fun, as that is what fishing should be all about!

Nothing wrong with the good ol flathead either One of the better eating fish out there.

Blog Entries

Welcome Xavier, plenty here to educate and entertain mate. Keep trying new things till you find what works for you.

And make sure you post reports mate. Good or bad, you will get tips and advice as often as not.

Good luck