Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Trailerboat Swains trip from Yeppoon

Please enlighten us now mister

Re: Trailerboat Swains trip from Yeppoon

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    So what makes you think our trailer boats and our experience are limiting factors?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    Yeah you do that but the last thing anybody would want to do is go out there with a bunch of darwin award candinates. You best stay in the south east and keep safe.

Some of the more stand out events from that part of the world

You think the anemometer is broke with the pointer fully clockwise stuck on 100 only to open the cabin door and realize there is absolutely nothing wrong with the dial.Don't have an anemometer so that wont be an issue.I'll probably be flying an Australian flag and a NSW rugby league flag off my outriggers so we can probably just use them instead to gauge wind speed.Anyway....what makes you think you're getting the cabin?

One of those long nights with the engine running at half throttle and making no headway but that's just to take some pressure off the anchor chain singing in the breeze.Shouldn't be a problem mate....it's a 4 stroke, you'll hardly hear it.

Having to pull a zillion metres of anchor chain in by hand 'cause the links have been stretched so much they don't fit the gypsy anymore I've only got 18m of 10mm chain on my anchor line so between us both we should be right, I'm pretty strong.

You realize there been a bit of a sea / swell running on the way home when the dory being towed has kick started a yanmar coming down a swellNo dory mate, maybe we can troll some lures home if you want though, doesn't worry me.

And when the butterflies are all heading west, don't even think about it, follow em and try and keep up, they are a lot smarter than you.Butterflies smarter than me?Yeah right! It's probably a good thing if they head West anyway.If they're anything like blowflies we can do without them.
    So what say it ole mate?

Are ya in?

I think mister only goes on boats bigger than 60ft...

Maybe we should get onto the native section of BOM and add some of these.

Crickets - they're never wrong - and more importantly, where do they all come from?
    nil carborundum illegitimi

Quote Originally Posted by GBC View Post
    Maybe we should get onto the native section of BOM and add some of these.

Crickets - they're never wrong - and more importantly, where do they all come from?
    And wagtails and Blue mountain parrots now. You see a blue mountain parrot out at swains and you know you're ffffed.

And wagtails?!......with these boys..............the less said the better.

I should be right for fuel I have 35 Jerry cans and a 205l drum

Watch out for the Percy Pirate

Fellas I take my hat of to youse for wanting to have a go, your only on this planet once,Why don't youse think of doing a trip to pearl bay, the claras,you could base yourselves in port Clinton,fish/crab island creek,go around the top of townsend island to supply bay good place for a base camp,then you could also fish the white rocks area, doing something like that over a 4/5 day period would be a good trip. If you do go to the swains don't forget to give us a full report,good luck in what ever youse decide to do.(I SAY HAVE A CRACK AT IT).
    CHEERS AND BEERS

I can't wait for Misters next post. He really cracks me up. He reminds me of old dufus Kerry who used to lurk on these boards. I wonder if we could book him for some entertainment at the Agnes M&G.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

He'll probably tell you your not staggering the right way home from the tavern....

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    He'll probably tell you your not staggering the right way home from the tavern....
    I could use some help with that
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    I could use some help with that
    I'll have ya back this year buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    I reckon neil wished he could stagger last year

Yeah....when I said I'd have his back I really meant face.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Yeah....when I said I'd have his back I really meant face.
    That sounds kinda gay

You blokes need a reality check...Im sure Mister has seen a few more sunsets than you blokes and knows what he is on about. He may come accross a little poetic but give him a chance, he may even teach you guys a few things!