Thread: Blue camo tiger/dragon scale

Blue camo tiger/dragon scale

Hi guys, I've been building this for a while now but due to the hot weather I've been putting off finishing it. The blank is a UC70UL for soft plastics in the 2-3kg range. Matagi vintage blue seat with cobalt blue trims. Tiger wraps done with a base of black/light blue and metallic aqua blue base, mid blue with 2 x size A discards in the top layer. I wanted a effect like blue shimmering water and came close. I ran the front tiger into an aqua blue dragon scale which came up really nice as a base for a name decal. I used the new ultrawave guides and have to say, "I hate wrapping tiny guides".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Blue camo tiger/dragon scale

The dragon scale is really eyecatching ! haven't seen one in person yet but the pics I've seen thus far haven't done them justice, compared to this one. Did you use Gyprock tape or thread? I've been thinking of using the plastic mesh that comes as protective packing on some tool/machinery parts. Just need to find some in suitable diameters

Sweet Build Mark

Grea work Mark, would also look cool in say maroon :-). I also hate wrapping small guides i wish i could build rods to the stripper guide and then give them to someone else to finish.

Cheers
    Pedro

Pedro, mate I'm hearing you and totally agree. Big fingers and bad eyes don't help with tiny guides (could also be the beer!)
    Chlonoid I just wrapped a diamond pattern in size C thread dividing each wrap up and down into half until I was happy with the number of diamonds. Then applied a coat of CP and waited for it to harden up. I know others have been doing it with gyprock tape ect but for me this works just fine. By doing it the way I do it also gives you the option to vary the diamond pattern, elongate or compress the pattern or even miss certain areas. Each to their own.
    Thanks Willo.

Pretty slick blending the tiger into the DS.
    That'd pop in the sun.
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Another brilliant effort Mark, love it.

Nice work Mark love the tiger and scale great with camo.