Thread: access below north pine dam

access below north pine dam

hey all, was just after some info on the name of the road an the best way to get below the wall at NPD. i have a mate who wants to try get a bass an as he dosnt have his sips i thought i might take him down there an let him throw some lures around but im abit unsure of the best way to get down there.

any help would be great

cheers

Re: access below north pine dam

The name of the road is Grant Street and it has been permanently closed with gates on either side.
    The causeway that crosses the river there has always been a popular spot and easy to launch yaks when it was open. From there you could also walk to the base of the dam.
    The gate on the northern side is much closer to the water but there's little parking available (No standing signs).
    The gate on the southern side is right at the top of the hill and it's a heart attack walk back up. Also note that the area is SEQ water property.

Along Vores Road, just past the Grant St turn off, there is another road (also locked) that gave access to a picnic area below the dam wall.
    It was eventually closed due to the mess people made. The toilet block has even been demolished!! From the gate it's also a fair hike to the bottom of the dam especially the return trip.

Use google maps (North Pine Dam, Brisbane, Queensland) to get an idea of the layout

If your fishing from the bank you could try down behind the pumping station, park on the Dayboro Rd and walk/climb down, it can be tricky. Live shrimp suspended 1.5m below a float should get you a bass here. Don't discount Kurwongbah too, plenty of legal size bass in there.
    Cheers
    ~~~><))))*>

Thanks for the info guys, really appreciated. Might go out tomorrow an scout it out befor I take him down there. The walk might do me some good seeing as its time to get back in to shape for footy season. Iv been very interested in kurawongbah and have heard good things about its stocking levels an being user friendly. Might be on the cards aswell.

Thanks again

Give it a try here. Never had a problem using this access except on the odd occasion when the ranger had forgotten to open the park gate until later in the day. Accees through the gate and drive down past the pony club. Have caught lungfish, bass, spangled perch and some big tilapia from this "mini-dam" (as my lad calls it) Only ever fished bait and not fished it with lures yet. You can also access it via Dayboro market but last time I went 3 months ago, vehicular access was washed out

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.