Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open letter to Qld Ministers for Fisheries and Environment

Open letter to Qld Ministers for Fisheries and Environment

Good morning Ministers John McVeigh (Fisheries) and Steve Dickson (National Parks)

Subject: Marine Park Madness

I was pleased to note the article in the Sunday Mail 18 November 2012 on page 35/36 where Minister McVeigh came out with a well aimed attack against the massive Federal Marine Park recently introduced by Tony Bourke.

Minister McVeigh, you described it as "unscientific, mad, Labor's last dance to the Greens and a move that would destroy fishing and business".

Ministers, we all know that this is exactly what was done by the Labor Bligh government in Queensland to appease the Greens in our own backyard, especially here in Moreton Bay with all of our insane green zones.

However, the difference is that you (the new Queensland Can-Do LNP Government) can actually do something about our local version of this Labor insanity!

Before the recent State election that saw your party come into power, quite clearly LNP policy was to allow recreational fishermen back into Green Zones on the one line per angler basis - whilst proper science was conducted.

There is no doubt that this policy attracted many votes to you from the fishing fraternity across the state. In SEQ, nearly every seat with a Bay or ocean frontage was delivered to you with our support.

After such a loud, ringing attack against lunatic Commonwealth Green Zones, it will smack of hypocrisy should you not immediately follow up with very positive action here in your own backyard to implement your Party's policy. All we have seen and heard from you to date is obfuscation, ducking and weaving and the every popular "we are looking into it" excuse.

Enough is enough, we know now in clear terms your position on lunatic Green Zones. You now need stand up and be counted. Stop stuffing around and bring the much needed change into effect to restore our fishing rights.

Your credibility hangs on this issue!

Sincerely

The fishermen and women of Queensland
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Re: Open letter to Qld Ministers for Fisheries and Environment

well stated grant.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

I totally agree with the contents of your open letter to the QLD Minister for fisheries & Enviroment.

It is now time for the LNP to start delivering on your pre election promises to Queenslanders

Well said, I totally agree with your comments.

However I'm sure we will still get "we are looking into it excuse" and nothing will happen. I am totally over these politicians ALP, LNP, GREENS all of them, they are only interested in feathering there own nest.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

You had better send three copies as he wouldn't get a lot of pleasure in tearing one up.

What I find smacks of hypocracy is the statement in today's paper about old mate Burke. Says he is banning the super trawler for 2 more years because it needs a proper scientific assessment done on its impact before they make a decision about letting it work here. Fair enough, but where was the 'proper scientific assessment' done before an entire industry got rooted by the latest federal malarkey?? Seems the Lithuanian vessel is entitled to scientific process but tax contributing Aussie businesses are not. Wankers.......

Keep the comments, "likes" and support coming everyone, you never know who might be keeping an eye on this thread...

They need to know that we will not let this issue slide away!

Cheers

ML
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Good on you ML.

be sure to post the response...

Would be good to start getting some positive movements from this government - they would be very foolish if they think they weren't put into power so convincingly but to act on their promises.
    Cheers

Trev

Maybe one of the Ministers might like to come on here and reply in person?

Don't think that will happen Grant, but certainly they will be made aware of the letter.

I am sure Ben, would like to publish it...

cheers
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thanks all for the comments and for showing your support with "likes".

Keep 'em coming!

And Phill,if Ben would like to publish the letter, please let him know that's just fine by me. Happy to have my name go on it too.

Well said Moonlighter, I find the hypocrasy of the situation breathtaking......it is time for the LNP to "man-up" and honour their promise to the fishermen of Queensland

Bump to top........