Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glenlyon dam??

Re: Glenlyon dam??

Yeah, I agree 100% that the larger fish taste like crap... muddy, weedy taste.

I will keep the occasional small yella or cod for the table, but all others are released in good condition to hopefully keep on breeding.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

I was there for 3 days over the new year. I was fishing with spinner baits and hard bodies. Trolling and casting. Tried all combinations and caught no cod. The yellas are there and I caught a few but was mainly chasing cod. The cod were extremely unresponsive to lures. There were scores of people holidaying and fishing there. People were catching plenty of cod and yellas on bait.

I am going back to fish the Australia day weekend. The moon is full and I am determined to get a big cod or 2 at night on a lure. Bring it on Mr Goodoo!

Hi old trout,
    Perseverance is the key.
    I tend to find if you are chasing cod on lures a lot of traffic or outboard noise will shut them down.
    Also bright moonlit nights make them a bit more shy but fish the dark before the moon rises or after it sets and you should tempt a fish or two.
    Also if the full moon is in the sky during daylight hours it has the same effect.
    Early morning, midday and late afternoons good.
    Good luck, steve.

Thanks Rabbi,
    I am seriously considering not going to Glenlyon tomorrow. I just looked at the 4 day forecast and the barometric pressure will be falling to a low of about 990 that is sitting right over the dam!!! I was very much looking forward to the trip as it coincides with the full moon which many experts say is good. But due to the driving distance (about 4 hrs) I probably won't make the trip without a better barometer reading.
    BUGGER!!

Yeah Mate, that will turn them off too but look on the bright side, theres a tropical low heading our way and its probably gonna stir the fish up here on the coast.
    Just watch those "experts" old trout. I think its a plan to have all the cod to themselves. Bit like us jew fishos
    cheers.