Thread: Another Newbie

Another Newbie

Hi Everyone, just a quick hello. Have just bought a Tinny having not owned a boat since 2000 so am pretty much coming off a clean slate considering my last boat was a little 3.55 Barra Punt in the NT and the new one is a tad bigger being a 445 Horizon Gulf. Have only ever been offshore as a guest on others boats so have MUCH to learn so Im off to do as much reading here as I can before asking silly questions. First off is a boat licence though this Saturday. Here's the only pic I have of it as pick it up tomorrow after a test on the water.

Blog Entries

Re: Another Newbie

Welcome aboard mate. Where you fish out of?

Thanks Funchy your question reminded me to update my profile, Im at Buddina.

Hope you enjoy the site as much as we do! Look forward to reading some fishing reports from you soon (hopefully )

Tim and Trace

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luckypete View Post
    Thanks Funchy your question reminded me to update my profile, Im at Buddina.
    Ahhh Top part of the world son!!!! Like Chas and Clarry said, we look fwd to reports of your fishing adventures!!!

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome LuckyPete. Ian just up the road at Maroochydore. See you on the water.

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

Welcome aboard mate. Hope you enjoy it here.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. If you ever see me out and about please say hi. I slipped out into the Mooloolah River this morning for a couple hours. Was great being back on a river in a tinny after the 10+ years. Flicked some soft plastics without luck but that was no bother as just loved being out and about. Even losing the winch handle on the way home from the ramp didnt put too big a dampener on the day Hopefully wont forget to take it off again...

Quote Originally Posted by Luckypete View Post
    Even losing the winch handle on the way home from the ramp didnt put too big a dampener on the day Hopefully wont forget to take it off again...
    Yeah, you will....judging from another thread somewhere on Ausfish it seems to be a regular and repeat mistake ...hope you don't though.

Glad it didn't take the shine of your day.

Tim and Trace

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nothing a welder won't fix. Have you got some ausfish stickers on your boat yet mate.

I have 2 on the back of my and a gruntahunta sign on both sides. I mostly will fish the Maroochy river and slip out to the local reefs early in the morning when weather is good. Work weekends so Tuesday and Wednesdays are my forte.

Cheers Pete

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

Quote Originally Posted by gruntahunta View Post
    Welcome LuckyPete. Ian just up the road at Maroochydore. See you on the water.
    Your name is not Ian..what have you been smoking??

Welcome LuckyPete..just watch out for some of these blokes..thay are a bit dicky at times.

On the other hand, I am a fine upstanding citizen .

Hey pete glad yu made it , boats don't break as many bones as bikes i goto get those ausfish stickers myself ,we should line up a day and hit the water some time soon ,

Cheers
    Elton