Thread: Help Protect Keppel Bay

Help Protect Keppel Bay

Not sure if there was a thread started re this but I thought may as well start a new one. Some of you may already know of the plans to build a couple of massive coal ports in the Fitzroy River Delta, which feeds into Keppel Bay and from there obviously straight out to the Southern end of GBR.

With the Gladstone Harbour / Curtis Island disaster clear for all to see I for one will be devastated if the same mass destruction is allowed to happen here. The area atm is largely untouched , there is a port there used to unload mostly explosives for the mining industry, however there is almost no dredging and for 30 + years it has had only minor impact on the environment. The sheer size of these projects would most definitely lead to destruction of habitat on a massive scale.

If anyone would like more info there is a website http://protectkeppelbay.org/Welcome.html

and there is also a petition being sent to relevant parties. http://protectkeppelbay.good.do/delt...hony-albanese/

Re: Help Protect Keppel Bay

Hi
    If you go to the greenpeace website there is a petiton there to federal parliment to try a limit the development and dredging in this area , which also imcludes dredging through the reef , which is world heritage listed. I know that greenpeace can be OTT , but so can our pollies in letting anything happen in the name of developmnt and money.
    So lets stand up and try protect our world heritage areas and also lets try get some balance in green zones and fishing closures which are also becoming OTT, It is only in numbers that the people making decisions will listen to us

Whats the " explosives " being unloaded u talk about?
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

The explosives plant a few kms down the road exports product and possibly some of the raw materials come in there for them.

Also I believe some large mining equipment is brought in through Port Alma .

yup i know was wondering what u were refering to when u said explosives but u included the raw materials in your 2nd Statement . All good
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)