Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fisheries Queensland, feeling the force !

Re: Fisheries Queensland, feeling the force !

I saw the writing was on the wall the moment Can'Do rolled Fisheries up into the new Department of Aqriculture, Fisheries and Forrestry. It has a definite primary industries focus with recreational fish

From the departments website
    "Our business

Queensland's agriculture industries provide more than $13 billion to the Australian economy annually and encompass the full range of production activities in the food, fibre, lifestyle, forestry and fisheries sectors.
    Our strategic plan envisages ´agriculture, fisheries and forestry industries generating economic prosperity for Queensland communities´.
    Our mission is to maximise the economic potential for Queensland's industries on a sustainable basis.
    We deliver this through four major outputs:
    • industry development
    • biosecurity
    • forestry
    • fisheries.

Profitable primary industries create jobs, expand Queensland's export markets and support economic growth."

I believe that Fisheries were still underfunded under the Bligh regime and now they have been gutted. This change in focus would be the reason Mark did not get a start as Fisheries Minister. He would have been focused on the recreational fishery rather than the primary industry view currently held by the new body
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Yes, I see what all of you blokes are saying ..... recreational fishers were better off under the Labor government; State Government employees were also better off under the Labor government; Clive Palmer was better off under a Labor government; as was ..... etc, etc etc.

Mark did his job well when it came to selling the LNP to the Ausfish community ........ I bet there a more than a few members that feel that they have been royally rogered !

Are there really fishoes that support this regime ? ....... for all of the bitching about Blighs fishing policy - what have we ended up with ...... Firstly no better & now decidedly worst A great outcome for Qld fishoes

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Mark did his job well when it came to selling the LNP to the Ausfish community ........ I bet there a more than a few members that feel that they have been royally rogered !

Chris
    He had a couple of accumplices.

I seem to remember before the election I suggested a Qld Gov with the Katter Party holding the balance of power would be good for Qld rec anglers, naturally this was scoffed at by MP Mark, Larry and Curly and we were informed only an LNP Government would look after Qld rec anglers.
    ~~~><))))*>

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    He had a couple of accumplices.

I seem to remember before the election I suggested a Qld Gov with the Katter Party holding the balance of power would be good for Qld rec anglers, naturally this was scoffed at by MP Mark, Larry and Curly and we were informed only an LNP Government would look after Qld rec anglers.
    We remember ...... & clearly why one has kept in his hole
    I'd love nothing more than these blokes to come on here a try to squirm their way out of it -

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

We remember ...... & clearly why one has kept in his hole
    I'd love nothing more than these blokes to come on here a try to squirm their way out of it -

Chris
    I don't think we should be pointing the finger at AF members. I reckon most LNP supporters were conned. I voted for them but I'm not happy with just about everything they have done so far. Hopefully Cant Do changes tune soon and starts to build and service Queenslanders
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    I don't think we should be pointing the finger at AF members. I reckon most LNP supporters were conned. I voted for them but I'm not happy with just about everything they have done so far. Hopefully Cant Do changes tune soon and starts to build and service Queenslanders
    Sorry .. when it is fine to come on here and beat all and sundry around their heads about just how good it will be is one thing ....... now they have to stand up & explain to all & sundry just what has happened .
    It's more than a case of standing by your convictions either ....... because it has been a con !

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Yesterday I was at a meeting with Bill Sawynok after a phone call from Kim martin and they both told me that the assistance for the tagging program has pretty much been withdrawn
    it only shows to me how ignorant the State Gov is when Infofish has the biggest tagged fish data base in the world and more data on fish movement than anything in existence
    a small portion of our boat rego fees went towards fish tagging and sustainable fishing as promised so where will our rego money go now?
    it doesn't seem to matter which party is in power, they all have no idea of the value recreational fishing has in the economy and for that matter the quality of life of the general voting public
    IFISHCQ2

Quote Originally Posted by ifishcq1 View Post
    .....and for that matter the quality of life of the general voting public
    Good point. It's all well and good looking at economic numbers but there should be great value placed on something that is so important to so many people.

Pollies wake up and actually serve the interests of your constituents.

Quote Originally Posted by ifishcq1 View Post
    a small portion of our boat rego fees went towards fish tagging and sustainable fishing as promised so where will our rego money go now?
    it doesn't seem to matter which party is in power, they all have no idea of the value recreational fishing has in the economy and for that matter the quality of life of the general voting public
    I wonder if they know that the money we contribute through items such as the SIP licenses and PUV fee are meant for specific uses and not general revenue??
    Do I renew my SIP?
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Running up to the last election the LNP wanted our vote and Labor needed our vote.

At the next election, the LNP might need our vote to stay in government.

Just watch them crawl over broken glass to give us anything we ask for to get our vote.

We fish and we vote but the trouble is neither party is worth our vote.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy santa View Post
    .....Just watch them crawl over broken glass to give us anything we ask for to get our vote.....
    Sorry Santa I must disagree. They won't crawl over broken glass and they won't deliver anything they say.

They might say they will crawl over broken glass.... But once they're in, they will do what they all do..... take the path of least resistance.

Mark and his cronies never offered ANYTHING to start with and lied as to what they would LIKE to see so as to have us believe they where going to offer us something that may benefit rec fishers ,but how can you offer something when you have no control over it . I would suggest they(mark &timmi) where conned as much as we all have been even though they should have known better. Cambell Newman is a dud of the greatest proportions he is a lier and a criminal with what he is doing to us and as I said elsewhere don't get sick or expect immediate help in our hospital system as he is destroying that as well by closing parts of wards and cutting back on staff . A big thanks to backbench seat warmer Mark ( I will look after you) Robinson 👹👹and his easily lead mate Timmi Boy 👺👺👺a great example to us all thanks ...Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Sorry .. when it is fine to come on here and beat all and sundry around their heads about just how good it will be is one thing ....... now they have to stand up & explain to all & sundry just what has happened .
    It's more than a case of standing by your convictions either ....... because it has been a con !

Chris

Don't forget the odd profanity thrown in for good measure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

I give up..not even interested any more. Have been blatantly lied to on this site about LNP rec fishing policies on numerous occassions. It would not matter one iota what was said, emailed or sent to this LNP Govt..they don't give a rats. All about CanDo destroying everything to save some bucks. MP's blatant lies and their followers blindly repeating them. Nepotism etc is rank in the PS...and on and on it goes. LNP, ALP..what difference does it make? The average punter does not get a fair go and never will..governed by autocrats with their own agendas and nothing else.

To all pollies..all a waste of space...liars and cheats..nothing more and nothing less.