Thread: NSW DPI mulloway proposals

NSW DPI mulloway proposals

NSW rec fishers are to be restricted to one fish over 70cms in possesion.
    Commercial operators will effectively remain unaffected.
    IMHO this is an absolute farce.
    Whichever way you see it, this is your chance to do something about it -

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/...loway/your-say

Re: NSW DPI mulloway proposals

Of course it is a farce!!! Why should you cockroaches be allowed ANY mulloway??!!!!!! Bag limit zero!! Bring it on!!!
    Jack.

Commercial ops are the ones netting the fish as they come out the rivermouth, (the beach haulers), so we restrict the Rec Anglers to leave more for the Pros to harvest, what a load of tripe.

Rec licence has been paying for the research, breeding and releasing of mulloway fingerlings, now it looks like the pros get to reap the rewards, bit hard to call that fair. Bit like us paying out the Trawlers in the river and then the beach netters sit at the mouth. This attitude has to be seen for what it is.
    Come on sensible comment please, nothing to do with state borders, lot of travelling anglers.

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

To be honest, I would of said the same thing as you mylestom, but a quick glance over the breakdown and it looks like money spent on mulloway anything is negligible IRT the rfl money? And fingerling stocking stopped some time ago? Dunno for sure but thats what the breakdown looks like it's telling me. Hate to play devils advocate, but the proposed pro rules do change, the size minimum goes up for them too (and by the reports own admission, pro's seem to target the smaller mulloway anyway)?
    How many recs catch more than 2 big jew in any 1 session? would you rather eat a bigger one, or a smaller one?
    I'm not for it if it could be seen or proven otherwise, I just don't see how recs are losing out on it? other than taking numerous smaller fish?
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Without reprising the beach-haul, estuary-haul debate again, I fail to see why the perfectly sensible and effective size and bag limit you guys in Qld enjoy couldn't have been proposed here in NSW; I've read plenty on how estuary mulloway fishing has improved in Sthn Qld since the 2 over 75cm limit was adopted.
    Seems the only solution is to beat on the rec angler/spearo......certainly the cheapest and easiest......and therein lies the crux of the matter, IMHO.