Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: battle for wello pt lost, the WAR continues...

Re: battle for wello pt lost, the WAR continues...

sorry guys hit the save prematurely.
    Last edited by OODIES; 17-09-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: sorry guys hit the save prematurely.

While Dave (Netmaker) is doing it tough up in 1770, he asked asked me to drop some flyers on the windscreens down the point and get some pics if I could, I took a quick video instead as I always have the GoPro on board when I go out.
    Some of you guys may of been down there on Sunday and saw what I saw.
    I took the video all the way up the hill, just to show that there was still parking available for cars, willing to have a little stroll.

Sunday 16/09/2012 Roughly 3:30

Wellington Point Boat Ramp and the usual scenario. I launched at 3:30am and got back to the ramp at 3:00pm to be greeted by more cars then trailers in the TRAILER BAYS, I apologize to the council for not coming back in before 1pm, so the shared parking could take place, however the day trippers helped them selves anyway. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WILL HAPPEN DURING ANY TRIAL OF SHARED PARKING, PEOPLE JUST DON'T GIVE A HOOT ABOUT THE LAW IN RELATION TO PARKING AT WELLINGTON POINT.....

In the Trailer Bays there were:
    8 cars with trailers, including 1 bloke who had to park up on the grass, 9 if you count mine which I had just moved to retrieve my boat.

58 CARS WITHOUT TRAILERS, Including 2 parked across the 2nd ramp and 1 in the wash bay.

If we were to assume that council goes ahead with the TRIAL of shared parking in 11 of the TRAILER BAYS closest to the toilet blocks, Then I would suggest that If the people using them were to park 3 deep (This wouldn't happen), this would still only accommodate roughly 56% of the ILLEGALLY PARKED cars, that were there at the time of the video being taken. Where do you think the rest of them will park during the TRIAL, well the video explains that quite clearly.

I must state, as you will see in the video, council did have a parking enforcement officer booking offenders whilst I was there.

Cheers Bingo (Dave)

I wonder if old mate with his boat trailer parked on the grass copped a ticket????????

Hey Angry, mate I didn't see one on his windscreen and I spoke to the parking guy, he seemed to understand our issue, so I hope he let it go for that reason.

BINGO

Quote Originally Posted by OODIES View Post
    sorry guys hit the save prematurely.
    Bloody brave of you to come right out and admit it.

Premature msg encapsulation hits a lot of blokes I hear. Most won't admit it. More power to you mate.

Just don't let the embarrassment soften your resolve.

[QUOTE=OODIES;1420873]While Dave (Netmaker) is doing it tough up in 1770, he asked asked me to drop some flyers on the windscreens down the point and get some pics if I could, I took a quick video instead as I always have the GoPro on board when I go out.
    Some of you guys may of been down there on Sunday and saw what I saw.
    I took the video all the way up the hill, just to show that there was still parking available for cars, willing to have a little stroll.

dropped down myself both days on behalf of dave. saturday after lunch, there were no boats out thanks to the wind, and a good half the boat parks were taken up with cars, even though there were plenty of spaces around the whole park.
    sunday around 2 was as oodies mentioned

Cheers ericcs

Mate I think we are all seeing the same crap, it really doesn't mater if there is a dozen single car parks available along the foreshore, these people will still park in the TRAILER BAYS.
    It could sometimes be a matter of timing, meaning that when we turn up and see them in the TRAILER BAYS, there may well not have been any free single car spaces when they turned up, albeit irrelevant, because, (it is still illegal to park in the TRAILER BAYS).

I can't wait for our ANTI BOATING COUNCIL to introduce the shared parking TRIAL, because unless they erect a bloody huge neon sign at the entrance to Wellington Point in several languages out lining the guidelines for parking, the situation WILL NOT change during the TRAIL period and I don't believe a neon sign will actually help either.

Wellington Point is too small for the population that lives in the Redlands let alone the people that come from afar, I am not apposed to attracting people to our community,( AND THEIR MONEY) however we need to supply enough infrastructure to cope with it.

BINGO ( Dave)

got an idea(joke), council should use the hill behind the cafe for a multi story carpark. be a brave person to still be interested in building on top of it after last year's collapse!

Saw a council officer booking cars parked in boat spaces today on the Goldcoast. At the ramp opposite the Coast Guard at Southport. Made me think of you guys!
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

Heath

Cheers mate, we know it's not a unique problem to Wellington Point, we have just had enough, so thanks for the thoughts.

BINGO (Dave)

Just looked at the Nearmap aerial shot of Wello Point boat ramp taken on Sunday 2 September 2012.

Of the 75 'car & boat trailer' parking spaces one is empty and 54 are taken up by cars...

Unbelievable!

G'day All,
    Would it be too difficult for the council to put up a fence to segrigate the two areas,
    run it from the eastern boat ramp and then along the trailer bays and finish on the western end,
    That way anyone parking in their has to walk all the way around the fence and most likely deter most park goers from parking in their.
    JUST AN IDEA

Cheers

Hey that fence idea seems like a good one to me.

OK Boys here it is, page 2 of the Redlands TImes

Trials to tackle parking issues Save
    Sept. 20, 2012, 3 p.m.

Council will soon trial new parking arrangements at two of Redlands' busiest areas. Photo by Bryce Stroud.
    REDLAND City Council will soon trial new parking arrangements at two of Redlands' busiest areas.
    The trials are for on-street parking in the Cleveland CBD and limited shared parking Wellington Point Reserve.

At Wednesday's general meeting, Mayor Karen Williams said the trials would begin as soon as the research collection methods and signage had been finalised.

She said the Cleveland parking spaces trial would last six months, extending the two hour on-street parking zones to three hours along Bloomfield, Middle and Doig streets, and said the aim of the Cleveland trial was to provide another incentive for people to do their shopping and business in Cleveland.

At Wellington Point Reserve, there will be a three-month trial, allowing cars to park in 12 of the cars-with-trailers parking bays from 1pm to 10pm each day.

The shared parking bays will be in the first row of car trailer parking adjacent to the toilet block and will be clearly signed.

The Wellington Point trial will also include two 15-minute drop-off zones, one located near the western playground, and one near the southern boat ramp.

Cr Wendy Boglary (Div 1) said the Wellington Point shared parking trial was a new approach in the ongoing challenge to meet the competing demands of park users.

"This trial is for a three-month period only, after which the merits of the shared parking arrangement and drop-off zones will be reviewed with further consultation," Cr Boglary said.

The Wellington Point shared parking trial was resolved with an amended motion that Cr Boglary said was amended immediately prior to the general meeting to include a briefing note to councillors about how the trial data would be collected and analysed, the drop-off zones, and enforcement of existing signage.

She said after the meeting she would have preferred to propose a deferral of the trial.

"I'm extremely disappointed that the motion to defer the trial until all assessment methods and details were provided to councillors didn't get proposed," she said.

"I discussed it with my colleagues before the meeting and it wasn't going to be put up.

"I'm being told that all the information about when the trial will start will be given to councillors before the trial starts and I will be going out to the public with it as soon as I know it."

Cr Williams said it was important people did the right thing, followed parking signage and respected other park users.

The council will also increase its patrols of the Wellington Point Reserve and continue to enforce parking regulations.

Davo, you said they would take the 12th bay mate and you were spot on, but am I reading it right, is that another 2 bays we will lose to the 15min drop offs....
    Unbelievable..... Dear, Council get ready to have someone man the phones, because if there is just 1 car parked in the existing Trailer Bays, I WILL BE CALLING...

BINGO

Guys

Please don't forget to visit the article and leave your comment, here is the link and the comment I left.
    http://www.baysidebulletin.com.au/st...issues/?cs=212

Unbelievable..... Dear, Council get ready to have someone man the phones, because if there is just 1 car parked in the existing Trailer Bays, I WILL BE CALLING...

Can you also tell me the reason why the photos that you use in the articles in relation to this issue, are always depicting near empty Trailer Bays, if that is not tying to sway public opinion on the matter, then nothing is.

Very Disappointed.

D.Oliver
    Wellington Point Resident
    and Boat Owner