Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whale takes out boat in Moreton Bay

Um, er do people really use the lanyard on 5 mtre plus boats?

Re: Whale takes out boat in Moreton Bay

I'm just wondering how high you have to lift a cat sponson at rest so the other one goes under and rolls as whales unless they are breaching don't really come a huge way out of the water. Lucky bloke and shame to see any boat go over .

Lovely to watch but they do scare the hell out of me at night and as they get more prolific will have to be more aware of them.

Maybe a lanyard isn't necessary inside a cabin where you wouldn't get thrown in the drink if you hit something?

But my boat's open, and no matter how remote the possibility, I choose not to watch it disappear over the horizon, or circle me and my crew at 25 knots until it runs out of petrol while we're treading water .

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TheGurn View Post
    I choose not to watch it disappear over the horizon, or circle me and my crew at 25 knots until it runs out of petrol while we're treading water .
    Cheers
    that would indeed suck!

Whale strike??
    Ask Raby bay VMR about whale strikes
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226078225718

So if someone hits a tree when they're driving along the road and they die they rip the tree out as it's obviously a danger...right??
    Should all whales be gotten rid of as they're a health hazard??

But back to reality. I hope the skipper comes right and the insurance comes good too.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

i'm waiting for all the cat haters to come on here and say that cats dont even need whales to flip them over, they're perfectly capable by themselves.

hey finga, maybe that's the new angle japan should be taking to the international whaling commission, they are now undertaking a "hazard reduction program" ........................ tell me it doesn't have merit ................

Good read Finga.... thanks.

Did you see the ning nong comments? Classics.

The Powercat is a write off now it is on the hard stand at Lawries Marina. Might have went under the pontoon on the low tide while it was tied off there and has crunched all the glass.