Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green Weed at Iluka/Yamba District

Re: Green Weed at Iluka/Yamba District

It was in a cane drain near where you didn't tell me to go

Thanks

drains at the back of yamba gold club

Anytime mate, glad you got enough. It usually only takes a couple of handfuls to get more than enough. Goodluck.

No report today. I was there amongst a dozen locals all luderick fishing and no one caught anything. Well thats not true as I did catch a 6 inch one. It fought like a marlin. Hahahahahahaha.

I did get a lot of downs but couldn't hook up. Even went down to a size 10 hook to see if I could get that in their gobs but no luck. One of the locals said that small bream could have been attacking the weed. Anyone had that before??

Cheers

Yes - bream will sometimes take the luderick baits - as will butter bream, which may have been the culprit. They have very small mouths but you should get them on a number 10 hook. Don't use up all the weed. I'll be down there in about 10 days!!!!
    Cheers Freeeedom

Freeeedom i wil be there from Sep 7 - sep 19 staying at the Iluka Tourist Park. Will be having a crack myself. ive also caught some fair size mullet on the slimy snot sorta weed that grows off the sides of the pontoons. I normally use the little square shaped green mustad luderick hooks i think theyre number 10 or 8.

Kingcray - I'll be at the Anchorage Holiday Park from Sept 4- 11. I usually use a number 8 hook (sometimes the green ones you mention) as most times I fish the rougher water of the Bluff and the main breakwater where the bigger fish hang out. You can also get the odd pig there too!
    Cheers Freeeedom

Yes caught one down at Laurieton once, a silver i believe it was. Might see you down the bluff on that weekend, if its not blowing a gale

If it's blowing a gale that's when I'll be there! The luderick go mad there when the seas are up. They are much harder to catch there in calm weather. However I usually take one day off each time I'm down there to visit my sister in Grafton and give her some fresh fillets and I do that on the weekend rather than fight the weekend crowd.
    Cheers Freeeedom