Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crab pot and kids

Re: Crab pot and kids

dont worry bout it mate.just crab and enjoy the time with the little ones...doesnt matter if you have 8 pots out with your name on the pots as long as there is anotherperson in the boat beside yourself..think oldmate has got himself all cocked up.been checked plenty of times with my names on the pots and others in the boat and never had an issue,comon sense

I totaly agree with what rosco1974 has said. All my gear has my surname on the float and name and address on the pots (as per regs).

When I have someone on board with me and I take out more than 4 they are all marked in my name and I cant see how this is an issue as long as you have the right amont of people for the amont of pots onboard or in the water.

PS: I got a couple of sandies in Pumicestone Passgae last week and to my surprise they were nice and full. Lost a pot rope and float though the weed was hurendous filling the pots up and causing them to move with the tide run each night.
    Cheers Axl

hhmm quite a bit different in NSW, the law clearly states that the gear must have the name and address of the person who sets and lifts the gear, so if two of us are crabbing, then we can have 5 traps each, not 10 in total with one name on them all, they are very clear on this.