Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The unofficial Fraser Island Tailor tracking thread.

Re: The unofficial Fraser Island Tailor tracking thread.

Yeah, I can't see the pics either B-Mack. Might need to resize them or something....

take 3. please work
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	two jew.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	84065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tailor2.jpg 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	84066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tailor.jpg 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	84067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jew.jpg 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	84068   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small day fish.jpg 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	84069  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shark.jpg 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	84070   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bucket o jew.jpg 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	84071   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st two.jpg 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	84073  

Symetre and B-MACK,

Looks like you both did well for the effort you made.

SFA where I was.

Bondy

Great work, B-Mack! Heard Jerka had a hard time and he was standing right next to you - must have been your secret rig. Looks like you may need to upgrade your bucket if you plan on catching more fish like that.

B-Mack love those silvery beasts. what bait did you get the jew on? I'm heading up 1st week in october

Michael

Nice Michael, thats when you get the real greenbacks!

tailor and bonito flesh baits did the trick.

Thanks B-mack- my fav baits to. I suppose sharks where the usual issue?- they gave me a flogging at the moreton comp

michael

Yeah baby!!!! That's what I'm talkin about!!!!

Good fish, 68cm is cracker, but there are bigger and I've got my sights set on something over 70cm this year and if I crack that then I'll be looking for bigger again .

I got two weeks starting 22 Sept - 6 Oct, so plenty of time to crack the code. Will be putting in an effort on the jewies too. Looks like the tailor came from the Waddy gutter or were you just cleaning them there. Were the jewies north of the headland too?

The kids look like they're having a good time too, best family holiday ever?

Kev

Hey Michael only really had one unstoppable shark so not to bad really.

Yeah chips, lots of tailor from waddy near the 400m mark. There was also a great gutter half way to nkgala rocks. Was great fun even got my 2yr old son to wind a couple of tailor in on his shimano kids stick (three foot rod). I waded out to cast into the strike zone, he was loving it. plus he caught plenty of whiting. Also, had a fishing session with the wife, both of us catching a tailor a cast on steelies, epic family holiday.

Spent alot of time fishing alot of places so not going to give away where we finally found the jew. We would fish somewhere for half an hour then move on if nothing happening or if we were only getting little ones.

Good luck boys, if you get the weather and put a bit of time in you are bound to get some good fish around the time of the opening!

Hi all, thanks for he posts, can anyone advise if the entire eastern side is open? Last time I was up they closed the access track just past nagala rocks. I'm normally at Straddie in sept, purely because of the lack of traffic on the beach for my kids. Have however stayed in Orchid house a few times (the end bedroom is the best) and my profile pic is evidence of my last visit. I'm going to try 65g knights this time and although I'm stocked with IQFs, I hope to get smashed on more metal than pillie just because my dad swears that you get more tailor on a well presented pillie than a lure. He has never hooked a tailor on a treble yet ... But bu the reports coming in on this thread, we may just be lucky ! Pete
    "" Hello ? .... Yes Dear, just throwing out the left over bait ! ""

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAELG View Post
    B-Mack love those silvery beasts. what bait did you get the jew on? I'm heading up 1st week in october

Michael
    Hey Michael, I'm up there 1st week in Oct too, may bump into you there. Happy hookups !
    "" Hello ? .... Yes Dear, just throwing out the left over bait ! ""

The access to the cape will be condition dependant and at the moment the cape looks to be quite accessible from recent reports. With no real bad spells of weather on the horizon I would expect i will remain open. The only thing that will change it will be a big storm and large amounts of erosion etc. You can check the DERM website conditions report for updates also but info is generally a bit thin here http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/register/p01663aa.pdf

Metals go good. I only pull out the pillies at night night time as the fish seem to prefer them over slugs in the dark. You may lose a few fish though as they shake the lure free, replacing the treble with a single hook can help with this or if you can get hold of some Sliders from AF member 'Slider', they also reduce your lost fish but Lindsay is often pretty low on stock at this time of year, probably wouldn't hurt to ask though.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by B-MACK View Post

Spent alot of time fishing alot of places so not going to give away where we finally found the jew. We would fish somewhere for half an hour then move on if nothing happening or if we were only getting little ones.
    Don't understand what the big secret is, the surf is constantly changing and jew move around all the time. The rocks are all out of bounds at the moment and you've completed your trip. Why not share the key to your fortune with others still to head up there.

Craig

Could be an unofficial M&G for those not going to 1770 . We'll be there in a twin cab hilux with Ausfish sticker on the back of the tray from the 26th to the 2nd. Camp eastern beach from Maheno area north somewhere.

Cheers