Thread: The New Chariot

The New Chariot

Well, when the lad decided he wanted to progress from inflatable to a hard shell, I decided that a trailer was the way to go. Most of what I looked at on gumtree and ebay was either fit for the tip or overpriced so I rang around and the cheapest quote for a boat trailer without skids or rollers to adapt myself, was $1200.

Finally decided to go the easy trailer 8 x 5 as I can use it for other purposes. I had to take it for inspection as it's an import and It failed rego, because despite documentation with the Tare on it, I hadn't noticed that the Tare wasn't stamped on the plate............I automatically assumed it would be and should have looked as it would have saved me a couple of hours waiting around whilst Qld Transport actually checked the legislation. I have made the sellers aware of the fact that Tare is a requirement on the compliance plate in Qld so they are sending me another stamped up correctly.

Here she is...........$700 and about 6 hrs work putting her together (came flat packed)

The cradles are the cheapos from ebay which, although they fit most all roof racks, wouldn't fit a trailer (flat) spar depth of 700mm so new longer bolts were required and 4 metal plates packing to negate the curve of the cradle clamp in order to fit the flat spar of the trailer above and below. The Malibu mini actually sat on the middle spar of the trailer (the middle of the yak being the widest) without the sides touching the cradle floor which is why I've added more padding to the cradle to raise it up to meet the sides of the mini

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Re: The New Chariot

you wont have any probs with wear on your padding after a few trips will ya Kev??

neat job tho,,,
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Great looking trailer Kev. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Wags

Quote Originally Posted by choppa View Post
    you wont have any probs with wear on your padding after a few trips will ya Kev??

neat job tho,,,
    Dunno choppa, it's just a try out for now but I used the same noodles on the roof rack with no probs. They're from Clark's Rubber (the more expensive ones of the two they sell) which are a lot tougher and bigger circumference than the Big W/k mart/crazy Clarks types. The cable ties are as tight as I can pull 'em which gives an idea as to how much tougher they are as the cheaper ones can actually be cut when pulling the ties tight.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.