Thread: Barra, so close.

Barra, so close.

I was fishing in the Eurimbula creek today and not having much luck. Dropped a big flatty and was just struggling. Another couple was fishing near me all day and they were out of luck too. I decided to stop for lunch. Whilst I was sitting and eating they motored past, threw out a lure and started to troll. A minute later, fish on. After a nice fight he lands a barra at about 70cm. Damn why did I need food.

Re: Barra, so close.

they reckon there r some unstoppable barra in that creek.i was at agnes in march and never gotta a chance 2try that creek.wil give it a go later this year.
    buzzin

Hey buzzin, there were some big barra there until recently. The spearfisho's have moved in and are descimating them. I know they aren't doing anything illegal but they are pulling up and taking their quota in 15mins. There is a spear boat in there most days now.

Is spear fishing allowed in a national park??
    I wonder how many people also know that Eurimbula Creek is one of two creeks in QLD that are complete crab sanctuaries?
    Jack.

I thought spearing in most estuaries is illegal, apart from a few designated areas?

Apparnetly it is legal to spearfish the area, it is not listed as a protected zone.
    Jack.