Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swag

Swag

G'day
    Has anybody experience with Jungle Reef Swags, they are sold by Jungle Reef Outdoors which is a division of Techni Ice Australia.
    They currently have a special on for a Extra Large @ $229.00
    http://www.techniice.com/2011/jungle...ndex_swags.asp
    for anybody else who is interested.
    The Phantom

Re: Swag

Post number 34 gives them the thumbs up
    http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/ten...pies-ok-4.html

And post number 6 as well
    http://www.breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44642

Cheers
    ~~~><))))*>

My next swag will be a Southern Cross. They look nice. Different price tag tho!
    Stop professional fishing... before it's too late!

Yes,I bought one on ebay brand new a few weeks ago.Seems good quality,only used it once so far,I got it for $137 and $30 freight.Good thick canvas and heavy vinyl floor,what I like is you can get in the top or the end if it raining,I had a small tent before and was a bit suspect about a swag,I like it and so do the kids as a cubby. http://myworld.ebay.com.au/jungleree...id=p4340.l2559.
    Hope the link works.

The Jungle Reef swags look O.K. but I would buy a decent Australian made one,knowing it will last a long time.
    My Jolly Swag has been thrashed for 20 years and still does the job.

get an ultima - ultima. best swags

Been really happy with my Viking swag.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbouy View Post
    I have one and worth every cent. And I will never have to buy another one this thing will last forever

My late father in law left us two swags. The problem is they were in the shed and possums have peed all over them.

Any thoughts on how to resurrect them or just dump them?

I see ARB have now coppied the souther cross dome swag. They sent me their latest email broshure. Im still keen for the Southern Cross Dome Swag. Just not sure which size?
    Hookandpull what size disd you get, where from and how much? Also how did it fair in the wet?
    Stop professional fishing... before it's too late!

I see ARB have now coppied the souther cross dome swag. They sent me their latest email broshure. Im still keen for the Southern Cross Dome Swag. Just not sure which size?
    Hookandpull what size disd you get, where from and how much? Also how did it fair in the wet?
    Hi mate I got a king single from arb. It was 6 or 700$$ to water proof them all you do is hose it down let it dry about 5 times. It makes the zippers and seams shrink and become tight and waterproof. I have slept in mine while it snowed on us and I didn't get wet. At all. They really are great swags..

Swags, 6 of one, half a dozen of another. Buy one with a good vinyl bottom, and a thick canvas top. The best ones will have mesh for the hot nights, so you can leave the top open. The best ones will also zip up well for nights when the temp goes to zero or when its raining. I have a couple, but the best one by far is one I bought from anaconda for the bike, unfortunately it looks like its been replaced by their brand now.

When you buy one, set it up in the back yard with a sprinkler on it. Do this a few times so everything shrinks.. Otherwise the first night in the rain it will leak.

I brought a good quality one I cant remember the name of it, but it has done some miles! and has lasted me 18 yrs so far and still going strong. The point is.... BUY QUALITY!!! you have to sleep in it or you may regret it when you need it do the research and check it out with your own to eyes.

Dave.
    I am not an Angler I am an Athlete of the sea.............<><

I have used the jungle reef swag a few more times now,it is good with midgee mesh,the pockets for torches and bits and pieces,and the canvas is thick and keeps you warm.No leaks in the rain either,thumbs up from me !

I bought a dome one from Aldi of all places a few years back and it has been great. 2.15 x 1m wide x 85cm high at head end. Thick canvas midgie net. $179