Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 rod building weekend

Re: 2012 rod building weekend

Oh damn, I am rostered on VMR that weekend.

Hopefully one day it will line up with a weekend I am not on.

I suppose it's time to get a bit organised.
    How many blokes, who are going, need something to turn a rod up on??
    Any other equipment people need??
    Please don't be put off going if you have not got all the gear as there is a bit of loan gear sitting around the place but we might need to know who needs what so it can be organised.

Cheers Alfred
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Finga, I have a set of three homemade, very basic rod rollers and a folding plastic table if that is useful i can bring it. Apart from that i haven't a clue what else might be handy to bring to a rod rolling weekend. I will start collecting items from the list Stu put up in an earlier post, and apart from rod components that is it. If there is anything on the list, if i have it or can get hold of it, i am happy to bring it along, apart from the assistants required by Stu, i am distancing myself from organizing that.
    Iain

I thought my requests may be a bit big, so I will forgo the beer and drink the XXXX cat piss that the rest of you pesents drink and I will just take the two woman. The things I do for you guys, I deserve a friggen medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I thought my requests may be a bit big, so I will forgo the beer and drink the XXXX cat piss that the rest of you pesents drink and I will just take the two woman. The things I do for you guys, I deserve a friggen medal.
    Done.
    But you have to wear it all week-end or any time you get a beer or coke or anything in a cup.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

and for the guys that want any bling for their rods, ive also got a account with the Alps supplier here in queensland

Cheers

Ian

For the guys that have binding and drying lathes can you bring them as I would like to coat a few rods. If you have stickers of any kind bring them as well so I can show you all how to put them on the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Done.
    But you have to wear it all week-end or any time you get a beer or coke or anything in a cup.
    that sounds like a classic in the making.

I would much rather the two blonds around my neck than some medal.

You guys are going to get me i trouble, yet again. Leading me astray like that, Im a good boy.

damn-it stu,,, will you stop it ...i just about choked on my lunch

Choppa is in,,, drinks and catch up sound fine,,,,,, (7th is no 1 daughters birthday,,, so will hang around a bit,,, and pee off later),,,,
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Quote Originally Posted by trymyluck View Post
    So, Greg how much room is there on this Pontoon????
    So mark are you taking the floating bar to tie of to the pontoon mate

shane

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    So mark are you taking the floating bar to tie of to the pontoon mate

shane

May do yet.......

If anyone needs anything in particular eg blanks guides thread give me a message not much i dont bring except for the shed.Blanks i have on hand are lamiglas 10-20 7 ft $30 Maybe 1 or 2 10-25lb 7"6.Best fish to date on the 7'6 is 15kg trevally and 70kg creature in bay 58mins.I have other blanks available as well graphcast,progragh,albagraph just to name a few but only available for rod building weekend.
    Graham
    PS; Stu' wont miss commenting on this.