Thread: Bayside snapper bagout

Bayside snapper bagout

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snapper3.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	79155Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snapper1.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	79152Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snapper 2.JPG 
Views:	205 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	79153Left manly at 5 am on fellow ausfishers "just jacks" boat in Search of the big red machine and did'nt dissapoint. With the weather only fair so we decided to stick to the close islands.(green/mud) The rain greeted us as we left the harbour and when the clouds cleared we could just see a brilliant new moon rising...... We used plastics exclusively(berkley for the continuing debate zmans vs Berkley debate).. about 5 or 6 different types for anyone that cares.... On the first drift we had a amazing double hookup with a fat 56cm snapper and a 61cm being landed in the net at the same time.... (high fives all round..) we pulled 2 more fish a 51 and a 46 cm and the call was made to do just 1 more drift.... We saw some long tail action about 10 minutes previous and as pull pulled up for the drift we had a shower of gar right next to the boat and i made the call watch this i bet we hook a longtail evan tho we had not evan had a sighting on the school.... no shit within seconds my 1500 reel with 5 pd braid and 10 pd leader lost 80 yards of line... we fired up the motor and i stretched the back in preperation... and held on as after a short fight the 5pd braid gave way.......(i was sorta glad cause because it would have prolly been a 2 hour fight) . The plan was decided we would go sounding in new area's we have not ventured before... the very first bit of ground we pull up on my plactic gets smashed and yet another 60cm snapper is boated..... after a few more rats we decided to continue the new ground adventure..... not kidding the very next decent ground we found again my plastic got smashed as on the drop and for the 3rd time in the morning another 60 cm snapper is boated...... by this time we are both grinning fron ear to ear and we decide to do a count of the fish...... we had 7 by now and the call was made to try a proven producer........ with a few boats Anchored and bait fishing we rocked up and on the second cast jack has a nice hookup and alas our bagout was complete... WHAT A DAY

So the count for the day was a 61,60,60,56,51,46,43,38 OMG crazy days fishing... we threw back at least 4 or 5 grassie sweetlip around the 30 to 35cm mark.... We were back at manly by 10 ish... mission complete...

some pics to come

Cheers jack for a rippa day....

Dylan

Re: Bayside sanpper bagout

Amazing day, thanks for the report, loved reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chas & Clarry View Post
    Amazing day, thanks for the report, loved reading it.
    + 1 great read, got the blood going.

Re: Bayside snapper bagout

That's a good days fishing in a couple of hrs. Wot size jig head and plastic's were u using .
    Cheers buzzin

1/8 to 1/6 1'0's to 3'0s

Awesome stuff, sounds like a lethal combination-you two guys.

Thanks for the report, a great couple of hours fishing with good results. Can't get much better than that!
    Good things come to those who bait

Wow mate that is an unreal mornings fishing by the sound of it

cool report

pink clouds, low on the horizon must bring the snaps on the chew ?

axel

Dylan oh what a trip. I am envious as hell. I have been trying new areas and larger gear foe a lot less than the last few years and green is my old haunt and i have lost over 80cm monsters there and i am (so everybody knows) i have a few thousand bucks worth of berkley because i love the plastics and i am berkley all the way and this is a refreshing look at the ol plastic issue as lately it gets stressful to hear there are better brands when i have seen all types work but berkley works better for me on all types of times and tides and mainely at dark with my glows. Good post and i hope you guys come into the bait vers plastics comp in may 26 this year as i think it will be a Z Mans vers berkley and bait comp. Cheers DD.....

dd,
    Mate really when the snapper are on the chew they will eat anything...... i really dont think it matters too much.... i really wanna give the zmans a go just to save some coin on bitten in half plastics from grinners/ other toothie fish.... my most fav plastic in berkley is a plastic that not many people on this forum or would consider using on snapper... but the old grubs/jerk shads/pogys all got fish..... to get 3 or 4 fish on the drop u know the lures are really working like a charm... i was lucky i had a Ausfish member a few years ago
    "richie boy"showed me the secret to get bay snapper on plastics...... he never evan had a gps ..... anyways enough gas bagging. i recon it gonna be a cracking season

Cheers Dylan

Ausfish Platinum Member bigjimg's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hope Banks RDO 20-04-12.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	79219Well done lads,that would have been a cracking session.Here's a few from a little wider than you guys.JimAttachment 79176
    Haines Signature "FinaLeigh" 580F 135 Optimax
    CH 81 & 72 VHF

the link dont work..... by a little wider are we talking 10km or less

Well done guys I got about 16 or so small snap's at Mud yesterday all undersize but. Good feed that lot great stuff.

i tried using the zmans this weekend and noted that they got hit about as often as the others i normally prefer, no more no less. what i did notice is that they fee like a blob of jelly. a totally different make of plastic than the berkleys or my favourite the snapbacks. one thing was for sure, the grinners sure loved them