Thread: Of course its raining I'm going Fishing !

Of course its raining I'm going Fishing !

Ok new HDS2 & structure Scan fitted Check
    Jig heads glued up Check
    Bait Check
    Hangover Check
    Houston we have a green to go, F@#@king Rain
    Bugger it we are going anyway driving to the ramp this morning with rain pissing down,mrs looks at me.It's nice to get out in the boat today with a shit eating grin
    Old guy at the ramp asks where we are off too & then offers some advice,I left my run too late young fella "I'm 45" to realise grinners are good bait ! Thanks mate i'll keep that in mind,they are like rats at the moment he adds.
    So we are off keen to check out new sounder and Structure Scan system,deffinition is great first thing I noticed is structure scan doesnt show up Jelly fish as sounder does.Found a wreck on the way to mud that I have searched for many times before without being able to pinpoint
    Must see grand Marlin structure scan gets a little grainy at 30Knts
    So as we make our way over too Mossy's reef we notice a tinny with what looks like 2 yellow markers on board WTF on closer inspection its Mossy and deckie in Paddington Bear rain suits and wellies on,one holding a pokidot umbrella and the other with a Hanky tied in corners
    Hey Mossy how you guys doing Not real good dick their not on today,Want some bait champ ? nah we prefer latex thx Dick.
    The new Imaging actually allowed me to identify single fish around structure ! now how to catch them.
    With a few good size sweeties a small GT and a tone of practice squire caught on comes a 12" grinner, Hmmmm lets give it a crack heads gone butterflied & a set of 5O doubles for good luck and over the side, there you go babe have a crack will i have to keep checking it she asks ? Nah you will know
    Wouldn't be 5 mins later off goes the baitrunner zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 30lb braid 40lb leader The boss is loosing line quicker than Mossy looses his lunch outwide
    "Davo dont read the next Bit " ok babe you got 2 choices hope it doesnt spool you while I pull the anchor or "LOCK UP THE DRAG" so on goes some drag, click bit more click 150m gone click 200m gone click starts too slow ok give it too him, she was on I reckon that sub had a few nervous deckies on board cause they gave the mrs a great battle
    20min later with more runs than the Don the line went slack rubbed through the leader,never saw what it was Mrs was stoked and ready to go home as she was done

Played around on chanel markers on way home with structure found heaps of bait,even found the holes that the excavator dredge had made this morning clearing the chanel out to the mile marker.
    look foward to getting outwide if the weather stays good this weekend

Re: Of course its raining I'm going Fishing !

Rubbed through the leader? I think it might have been one of my pigtails!

Oh that wreck you found on the way to mud, its new...Someone hooned passed me and mossy the other weekend and well....you can guess what happened!

Oh you crack me up Dick, paddington bear..... LoL pffttttt won't be touching your smelly bait but I'll keep a few of my grinners though I got plenty. After we drowned in our despair for a while longer we pulled the pin to head home but after chief's reports we decided to stop in the river and go back to our roots. Got to our favourite pylons as the traffic was low ... few casts in and we are on, up and down flicking into the pylons for a while between us we managed 6 nice bream of the pylons around the 25-30 mark, great looking fish nice and healthy back on the drink for them though, if its not over 40 it's not worth the effort to clean it for me :-p

nice report, good funny read. cheers mate.

Funny as mate. I also got wetter than i have ever been on a boat around peel and left after sun up as snapper must have had colds. Soon all guys will be plastics first then structure scann boy i cant keep up with all this tecko stuff with my job lol. So does trancducer sit right now. I had a yellow spray jacket on with a zipper that didnt work so cold water running onto my pants was just the last straw and boat took ages to drain at ramp (loose wire on bilge damb) I still dont have a chart plotter let alone structure scann so if i go in comps i am gonna have to be on the spot or im done. I will prob see you out at mossys reef on day as i will spend a bit more time out that way as southern end is a bit quiet of late. CheersDD.....

. you're a funny bloke dick. been missing your humour. will have to get out again soon. couldn't help myself and had to read it. you know if that drag had been a little lighter late in the fight you probably would have had enough strength left in the leader..... but it was probably vermin anyway using stink bait.... hds sounds great too mate. look forward to checking it out.
    i was wondering if mossy was gunna brave it sunday. i thought he might after the last time he bailed due to rain. they must have looked like a pair of lost castnetters

also feel free to pm your wreck marks too mate pal buddy buddy.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    i was wondering if mossy was gunna brave it sunday. i thought he might after the last time he bailed due to rain. they must have looked like a pair of lost castnetters
    Yeah I was thinking about not going but decided might as well have a crack at it, best chance for a snapper if Davo's far from Mud. I reckon he was hiding around the other side hence why we didn't get much.

I agree most likely a bully or some other vermin. Vermin attract vermin. LoL

There must be a heap of them around as its all i been catchin so they must like eating them as its only food soarse there lol. You mud guys crack me up.