Thread: Double trouble yak cobes

Double trouble yak cobes

My knee is finally getting better and with the small swell lately i decided to go for a quick drive over the border on the weekend and had the customary double hookup. Lost one cobe on the 30lb outfit due to an 80lb swivel breaking. But fortunately i was able to extract a 1.35m cobe on the 80lb outfit (it has 120lb swivels). Good to eat some fresh cobe and gr8 to see a bit of yak mojo again after few mack tuna sessions.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nnsw cobe aug.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	83770  

Re: Double trouble yak cobes

Thought you had been quiet for a bit Carnster. Top job! How good is fresh cobia- hard to beat.
    Tony

Very nice fish from a yak. Good effort

What can I say...... Done it again mate. Top stuff.

That is incredible how you manage to seek these fish out and catch them in a yak, well done!

Dan

way to go carnster (again). think i would be a bit suss about your swivel supplier. how does an 80lb swivel give in before 30lb line?
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Over the border? That narrows it down. Good work- you've done it again.

Very nice fish Chris,but you need a filleting table in the back yard big time.The Missus must be over the fish filleting in the kitchen ?

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    way to go carnster (again). think i would be a bit suss about your swivel supplier. how does an 80lb swivel give in before 30lb line?
    Yeah bit of a worry for sure, but i have tested 30lb fireline to over 20kg breaking strain with the right knot. When you lock up on a 20kg fish any weak point will be found out. He had taken a fair bit of line before i tightened the drag and was heading for the rocks so i had to apply the brakes. I will def be upgrading my swivels. I would have only kept the one anyway so all good, hopefully the hooks come out easily. Another cobe i caught recently had a rig in its mouth from busting a fisherman off.

(had a rig in its mouth from busting a fisherman off)

Here's a story for you , i met this gun spearo at Burleigh one day was a while ago , i couldn't spin up a fish but he had 4 large Tailor in his esky

Anyway seen him there a couple of time's , he told me the biggest Tailor he ever shot there was over a metre long ,weighed 13 pounds ,and had x 6 different rigs hanging out of it's mouth from previous encounters with fishermen

Caught quite a few over the years with facial jewelry including one about 27kg with a 15/0 circle hook with 200lb leader! Don't know how that got away!

well done with the cobe. Speaking of jewellery.... dragging those beasts onto a Yak, and the mackerel you get. Do you wear a cricket box to protect your family jewels?

Nice work Carnster.

Solid fish mate.
    I'd be happy to claim that in my tinnie, let alone on a yak...Well Done

Cheers BINGO (Dave)

Dont make me come up there Carnster!!

Geez that kitchen bench of your's gets a workout Chris!!
    Nice work mate,
    Luke