Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just the Member for Cleveland who fishes

Wink Just the Member for Cleveland who fishes

Ausfishers will have heard the news that my time as the shadow minister for fisheries has come to an end, and I have unexpectedly not been called on to be the Fisheries minister. So from this time onwards, I am here as a simple rec fisherman and local MP for Cleveland. No doubt you have many questions and I probably won't have all the answers. Perhaps the new minister might become a member too. But I am still as always, happy to come online to talk and listen.
    The upside of not getting the gig is that I now have some time to go fishing
    Tight lines
    Mark

Re: Just the Member for Cleveland who fishes

I think it a pretty P!$$ poor act on behalf of Can Do not to give you a crack at the portfolio. Many of the AF community were upset with you not responding to legitimate requests for the fisheries policies but it seems you were left out to dry as Can Do kept his electorates Green component happy. It looks like your successor is more interested in the export dollars that our fishery can support through commercial fishing rather than looking foreward to the secondary and tertiary industries involved in the sector
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Thems the breaks, chin up.

Probably for the best Mark, don't need to be a rocket scientist to see Can Do's ego will get many colleagues offside and eventually wear thin and the knives come out.

Self destruction Krudd style.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

I agree, a very pi$$ poor effort from CanDo (god I am sick of hearing that already)

Yeah, just do what you can for the electorate, and spend the rest of the time fishing!
    Your time will come.

There is going to be so much pressure on this government brought on by their promises, the cracks will show soon enough. Then the in fighting starts. This is the Lib's and Nat's remember!

I am sure you will have the job back one day

Chin up Mark ! you do have a role to play, ear bash him as you still have plenty to offer !

Mark,

At least you provide us with a communications channel to the minister, through you we can be heard, hopefully..

Regards
    HOnda.

Ahh politics. Its all about playing the game rather than talent. Keep your powder dry and make sure you're always on the winning side when the knives come out. Enjoy the fishing.

Thanks for that Mark.

We'll be in touch.

AS I said elsewhere, I am sure the LNP will be in power for many years to come and your time will come to serve as you wanted.

Maybe we could get together and visit John at the annexe soon ?

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

alas mark..you mustn't have fit the jobs for the boys scope of CN's Govt. Even Tony Fitzgerald has commented on this. A new start says Campbell? hell..don't even advertise the positions..just appoint your buddies. Even joh did not appoint buddies to jobs as DGs.

Didn't take long.................

Tony Fitzgerald did a job many years ago on a Government from many years ago......... His comments on the new establishment are not revelant and in fact uncalled for as they have no basis, only assumptions.

Seems as though the " Tall Poppy Chopper Downers " have found a new target. ?

The appointment of people to high level positions can be seen in different lights.

I would like to think qualified people got the job and they have been appointed ASAP, rather than have a long drawn out process ( which will cost $'s ). Noddy's mantra of " getting on with it " has been seen already.

The " jobs for my buddies " idea doesn't wash with me......... You'd appoint ALP minions ? No matter what folks think and say, all prospective Govt employees have a " politicial persuasion ". Hence an LNP Govt will appoint LNP aligned qualified people. No need to remind people of Captain Blighs hubby's job that was " CREATED " specifically for him. ( She actually created a whole department...FFS ! ) The LNP appointments in recent days are for existing jobs.

Noddy has tried to have the South Brisbane by-election at the same time as council elections, saving many $'s and stopping the inconvience to voters. ( But due to Anna's ongoing incompitence, she screwed her resignation time line which has cost Qld'ers another 200K......... her legacy will remain for a long, long time. )

Better go, there's work to do.................. seems since March 24, things have picked up........ dunno why

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

At least, you are not a one termer, Mark. Congratulations for that.

My new local bloke in Chatsworth is very likely to be a one-termer, despite his big winning margin last weekend.

It seems ridiculous to me to be asked to vote for a bloke who the electors know nothing about and that was the situation in relation to the newly elected member, Steve Minnikin.

Before the election, I googled the guy and found nothing. So I looked at the LNP website and all that was listed under his name in the candidates section was his wife's name and occupation and his kid's names. I could not tell you what he did for a living nor what his beliefs were nor anything at all about him. Had he been an achiever in his previous career pursuits? Had he actually done anything in the local community other than live here? I could not answer those questions even though I actively tried to find out. The election material that landed in the letter box was all about Campbell Newman, albeit with Minnikin's photo beside Newman.

Before the election, the guy seems to have been anonymous.

After the election, nothing seems to have changed.

Here is the Wikipedia article about him that I found today ...

Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

In fact, Googling his name today, I found a bit more, but not substance. Like, how about this quote from the local newspaper ...

The Belmont resident said he celebrated the win with a few "quiet drinks" with his campaign team and went into work mode on Sunday afternoon.

"I was out there waving at traffic with a handwritten placard saying 'thanks Chatsworth'."

(Ref: http://www.couriermail.com.au/questn...-1226311150306 )

That's what he considers as "work"?????? Wot? Standing out on the roadside effectively boasting about his win is work????!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahaha! Ya gotta be jokin'!

The article goes on to say that...
    "Mr Minnikin said it could take two to three weeks before he steps into his new office as an MP but in the meantime he would be working from his home office. His first priorities include transportation issues, traffic congestion and bus route and intersection upgrades."

Isn't that the work of the council? Intersection upgrades?????

Is he saying that the local LNP councillor, Adrian Schrinner, is not doing a good job? If he is then he is sadly mistaken. Shrinner is a terrific local councillor and has demonstrated a very good work ethic plus the smarts to regularly tell the electorate what he is doing. Schrinner will be unbeatable in this area for a long time because he delivers and tells us what he is is about to deliver, the progress whilst it is being delivered and that he has delivered

Am I being unkind to the new bloke after his being only one week in the job. Nah! I don't think so. He has hardly hit the ground running. Whatever his previous job is, I hope that he has only taken leave from the job rather than resigning outright 'cos he will need a new job in three years' time unless he smartens up his act.

There is a valuable role for you, Mark. Coach some of these new blokes in how to be more than a one termer. Get them to study the lessons learnt from blokes like Rudd, Katter, Mackenroth, Shrinner who have, or will outlast electoral downturns. Likewise, get them to understand the lessons learnt from people like Sally-Anne Atkinson, Wayne Goss, Jeff Kennett, who thought that they were invincible. Or even worse, the TV "celebrity" Chris Bombolas who held the seat for Labor before the last guy and who would have been annihilated at the previous election had he not resigned shortly before-hand, because he seemed to do absolutely nothing in the job.

This new guy has washed in on a king tide. He will be gone on the next outgoing tide and will probably be pleased to be so 'cos I reckon that he is sure gonna draw a lot of crabs whilst he is there. Inanimate baits usually do.

BTW, Mark, how come that in your Ausfish name, you call yourself MP?

Isn't your proper title MLA? doesn't MP refer to Federal members only?

Not a criticism, just wondering?

Think of the upside Mark , at least you wont have cranky pricks like me "up your shirt" demanding things you cant get done.
    Enjoy the fishing time.

rando

Bruce..all pollies (except senators) are called MP. Real title in Qld is MLA..federal MHR

not tall poppy chopping Phill..why put people in DG positions who know nothing about running a Department? As was explained to me once by someone who knew..running a department is about implementing Govt policy. This means knowing the abilities and resources available to the Dept..if unavailable then the Minister is to be informed and a different tact to be taken. A DG is to advise the Govt if their policies can be implemented..and if it can to ensure it happens..if not..tell the Minister so. So what experience do these new appointees have in knowing what their respective depts are capable of ?