Thread: It will be interesting....

It will be interesting....

It will be interesting to see how soon & how often Mark Robinson visits this forum.
    And interesting also to see whether his visits are to seek the wishes/opinions of the stakeholders here or just to blow the LNP party horn.

I suspect we may have served our purpose.

Re: It will be interesting....

oh rando..the cynic emerges from you..LOL

Was wondering the same Rando. I hope it is the former, but think it is the later.

So is Mark Robinson going to be the Primary Industries/Fisheries Minister ?
    If so, he won't have time to play on Ausfish ?
    Ever see any other Ministers on here !

From memory, the previous Managing Director of Fisheries, Jim Groves made time for Ausfish but spent a lot of time fending off pot shots.........

Not a chance of it.

You would think a smart govt mould mount a full investigation of Gladstone harbour, find some dirt and pin it on the Labor govt as them being enviromental terrorists.

Bt that aint gonna happen. All they will do is pat them selves on the back, open a bike path or 2, make e15 mandatory and hangout with clive and his mining mates.

While the labor govt system is broken, itl be a cold day in hell before the libs do any thing good. Poor bloody nationals as well. Might as well kiss them selves good buy. I predict they will change the name back to the liberal party soon enough. Itl be just like the good old days with white shoes and a wanna be Joh.

Quote Originally Posted by rando View Post
    It will be interesting to see how soon & how often Mark Robinson visits this forum.
    And interesting also to see whether his visits are to seek the wishes/opinions of the stakeholders here or just to blow the LNP party horn.

I suspect we may have served our purpose.

it was always about serving a purpose ....... Mark was not on here because of his love of fishing = If you think I'm wrong ....... go look at his threads & posts.

I just hope that somebody in CANDO's staff monitored his performance here on Ausfish ........

we fishoes need a better minister than that !

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I agree Chris. I was not impressed with the way Mark treated Ausfish and its members. I know some on here know him and seem to be better in the know as to what will happen to rec and commercial fishing in the future and are comfortable with it, so I hope they are right.

Oh, he will be back on here. Why all the doubt???

I can even tell you when........

About 2 months. Before the next election!

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I agree Chris. I was not impressed with the way Mark treated Ausfish and its members. I know some on here know him and seem to be better in the know as to what will happen to rec and commercial fishing in the future and are comfortable with it, so I hope they are right.
    Hi Steve

Mark showed his intent early in the piece ....... unfortunately too many here were starstruck to see his motivation . For any person of his ilk to come out of the woodwork and engage us on this forum (or any other) should be treated cautiously ......specially when there was little in the way of easing into the site & participating as a fellow fishoe - rather than just spruiking . I particularly found unpalletable his timing & subject matter when he did get on here....... It was just negative and offered us very little in the way of an alternative . Then he had the chance to discuss policy prior to the election and it was just dismissed / ignored.
    If he was given the minister position - how would he treat the stakeholders ? - not to mention having to come up with a way of moving forward ........ Cando will do what he wants

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I just hope is a good mate of Newman's...all the DG jobs have been given to mates..without even advertising the positions. No better than Bligh appointing her hubby to a position.

Main Roads ministry has gone..will he get fisheries? Or just be a back bencher?

Fun times ahead.

Considering Fisheries is likely to fall back under the umbrella of the old DPI, I'm thinking back-bencher ! But who knows what the grand plan will be....................

One thing is for sure. Campbell Newman sure has a massive goup to select 20 odd positions for.......mates or not, Mark has just 1 in 74 chances of getting fisheries ministership.
    Who ever CanDo selects for each position hopefully will be selected by aptitude for the job, not just cuz he was sorta promised.
    I still stand by my previous statement, I do not endorse Mark Robinson to be the fisheries minister. He has proved himself to be not worthy.
    Jack.

As far as i could see that Mark Robinson used this site to test the waters and to gain a few votes they have one and the rest will be history and forgotten about,they will now treat everyone with contempt and do as they please as they have the majority so were all doomed.