Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: LNP invests $120 million in boating and fishing infrastructure, deepening waterways

Re: LNP invests $120 million in boating and fishing infrastructure, deepening waterwa

I can't see why the government needs to consult ANY environmental groups.

Consult rec anglers, commercial anglers and their representative groups - Yes

Consult Diving groups - Yes

Consult tourism charter operators and/or their representitive bodies - Yes

All those groups use this resource to varying degrees and should be consulted. But why do environmental groups need to be consulted? What do they bring to the table? Let's face it many of them would like to see all fishing banned.

Now some might think that I'm suggesting the conservation doesn't matter, but that's not it at all. But I believe the government should be consulting scientists - like marine biologists for example - and going off their advice on matters of conservation, not some extreme left group. Not any environmental group! The emotional argument should come from those that want access to the resource, the balancing logic should come from science. Sure, let the enviromental nuts lobby the government, but I can see no good reason why the government should look to consult with them.

Re: LNP invests $120 million in boating and fishing infrastructure, deepening waterwa

You're right Fafnir but governments always have to be seen to be engaging all interested parties and like it or not Enviro groups are an interested party. By not engaging them they leave themselves wide open to allegations of one-sidedness. I would hope in most cases it is to be seen to be doing the right thing while ignoring the extremist views of some of these groups. Unfortunately some of them get way too much weight applied to their opinions.

Fafnir

As a founding member of WWF i am expecting Anna's call, i will let you know how it goes, she may not get the answer she expects either
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tangles KFC

As a founding member of WWF i am expecting Anna's call, i will let you know how it goes, she may not get the answer she expects either
    I can't believe I haven't been forced to join this organisation.

Bloody hell Mike......... in Pinheads footy colours as well............

you got a little time on your hands ????????????

weather is crap so no, on water activities for a little while !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Phill,

There have been WWF caps made sometime ago, only 2 have been worthy, and apologies Fahnir, but if you know what your doing you are unworthy for WWF
    Tangles KFC

and apologies Fahnir, but if you know what your doing you are unworthy for WWF
    According to my wife that wouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    According to my wife that wouldn't be an issue.
    Does she think the F stands for something other than fisherman?

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    from M. R. MP..26.10.11:

"I like artis and would like to see more of them. Problem is that Qld is broke - $85 billion debt, budget deficits before considering more artis. So just don't know if we have the funds. That's the best I can do for now. May not know unless we get into govt - if we do? "

what has changed to be offering all these funds etc??????
    ..............Coal......... Seam.......... Gas..........

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    WWF = World Wildlife Fund or their representatives / associates being =

AMCS ( Australian Marine Conservation Society ) in most cases here in SEQ ( Simon Boltarse )

and

QCC ( Queensland Conservation Council )

and

WPSQ ( Wildlife Preservation Society of Queensland )

or maybe it's simply the World Wrestling Federation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes, Captain Bligh is still getting into bed with the Loonies........ there are more moderate and sensible conservation groups out there and these are the ones that should be the stakeholders invited to participate in any " marine / fishing " consultative groups.

LP
    You must have missed this Phill..........just keeping it real mate.

"The Australian" March 11 2012
    Leader Campbell Newman said the party had discussed the policy with fishing lobby Sunfish, environmental group WWF and the tourism lobby to create the scheme to reduce pressure on fish stocks north from Tin Can Bay to the Reef.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...-1226296219212

Leader Campbell Newman said the party had discussed the policy with fishing lobby Sunfish, environmental group WWF and the tourism lobby to create the scheme to reduce pressure on fish stocks north from Tin Can Bay to the Reef.
    Back to my earlier post, you can't tell the majors apart and it's in no small part due to putting people like Newman in charge. If he wants to lean green then he should join the ALP rather than opposing them. Would someone please stand to the far right in this debate (other than Mad Katter). Both the majors stink, the lot of them should be hung, drawn and quartered.

Does she think the F stands for something other than fisherman?
    You've been talking to her haven't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    ..............Coal......... Seam.......... Gas..........

You must have missed this Phill..........just keeping it real mate.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...-1226296219212
    Strange they picked North of Tin Can Bay and not taken issue with the " disasterous " beach netting from Noosa to Double Island point.

Yes, Mike, I did miss it.... working is leaving me less and less time to troll the blurps................

Mr Aigutso, do you remember the T-Shirt of other stuff going around in the late 80's with 3 Kangaroos..... ummmm, you know.... getting up close and personal.

Well, a similar shirt with first kanga being rec fishos, second roo being LNP or ALP ( State Govt ) and 3rd Roo will be the WWF ( Greens ). Makes sense, you know it does !!

LP

Fishery management arrangements are complex, however all stakeholders agree that a reduction in fishing pressure is an important step in improving the health of our fishery.

OK, this statement has me worried. Not too sure if the above is absolutely 100% correct. It is taken out of context in that as stakeholder group discussions have gone, fishing pressure is ONLY 1 PART of the problem. Our words would have been fishing ' effort ', particularly when talking about commercial operations. This statement seems to be setting up a platform for bag and size limit reductions for Rec fishos ?? or, more closed areas / seasons.

The LNP is committed to delivering a strong, viable, healthy and sustainable commercial fishing industry.

Really, this was the reason FQ ( old DPI&F )was established many years ago, to find and plunder marine species for commercial gain.

The LNP is committed to the health and wellbeing of our fisheries and will undertake a $9 million voluntary buyback program in consultation with the industry. The buyback will target large mesh and gill nets with a special focus on important recreational fishing locations and areas of high
    conservation value.

OH, that last bit is a clincher for the WWF. Every drop of Ocean has high conservation value, according to the Loonies.
    The LNP will consult with the industry that are going to get as many pieces of gold as they can, due to Govt legislation. The MBMP issue was a farce with $%#@ all reduction in " effort " but many licences bought back.

Worse still, was the GBRMP zoings and " compensation ", first announced as 4 million dollars and has now exceeded 200 million of TAX PAYERS MONEY.

Let's face it, the ALP had no idea on this type of scheme ( scam ), so I only hope that the LNP have more of an idea on what they are doing, and to do that, they must NOT consult with the commercial industry ALONE, all stakeholders must at least have their say and an open / public showing of the licences, history, owners, Quota, TAC and more so that every dollar that goes to the scheme recieves something in return. NO paper shuffling

Personally, I am having a bob each way on commercial buybacks.

On one hand, I believe a reduction in " non discriminatory " netting is good and essential.

I am still not overly impressed with the by-catch reduction efforts from the trawl industry in Moreton Bay / SEQ.

On the other hand, I believe Queensland has and can continue to have a viable and sustainable commercial fishery, given better management protocols. I would love to see more local product on our shelves to let the non-fisher folk savour our oceans delights.

I also see way too much C R A P coming in from OS. Someone here eluded to something I said the other day and it certainly rings true in our seafood retail outlets..... you can cover a prawn and a turd in sprinkles and they will look the same, but you WILL taste the difference

LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 12-03-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Strange they picked North of Tin Can Bay and not taken issue with the " disasterous " beach netting from Noosa to Double Island point

Phil this is from another thread:

The Queensland Seafood Industry Association (QSIA), Sunfish Queensland (Sunfish), the Association of Marine Park Tourism Operators (AMPTO) and WWF – Australia (WWF) have come together in unity and support to collaborate on an issue of great importance to the environment of the Great Barrier Reef, Queensland’s regional economy and the seafood industry and the nearly one million Queenslanders who wet a line recreationally fishing each year.
    Answered your own question?

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    You've been talking to her haven't you?
    No- I've just got one too.