Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4.5m tinny stolen from pontoon early feb 14 newport canals

4.5m tinny stolen from pontoon early feb 14 newport canals

4.5m quintrex tinny tiller steer stolen from pontoon at newport waterways. Has a 50hp yamaha outboard, blue bimini, homemade duckboard on port side fabricated from fibre glass. Stolen between 3am and 4am this morning. Thieves hit multiple houses in the area knocking off 3 kayaks too. Police notified, any help or information much appreciated. ATTACH=CONFIG]76944[/ATTACH]

Re: 4.5m tinny stolen from pontoon early feb 14 newport canals

That's rotten mate, what canal are you in?

What size Yammy, I'll keep a close eye out!

cheers, its a 50. canal is the one that goes under the griffith rd bridge

Thieving scum. Will keep an eye out and have already spread the word.
    I recognize your Pride now

you probably know the formula then too... its out and about looking for it... thanks for the help

Yup, know the formula
    Without a trailer I wonder where they go? Does the Coast Guard or the other Scarborough ramp have CCTV?

Edit: "disliked" my post #2.... I know I'm a bastard but really, disliked? lol

Not sure, worth asking i suppose. Don't know what happened with the second post, must have been a wayward click as i didn't intend to click anything there

boat may have been towed out by a much smaller tinny, say 9hp which was revving its guts out this morning, so may have been stolen as well or brought in by these scum. kayaks were likely used to access pontoon after initially being chased off by dogs

ill keep an eye out on the goldy,........pr!cks

Might be worth seeing if any cctv's at Bribie or Burpengary as well. Worth a look, surely they would not take the boat around the corner to Scarby to put it on a trailer. Its concerning, I live not far from you, leave your pontoon gate open and get a big dog, works surprisingly well.

No CCTV at scarby, no leads as of yet Don't know what it is worth but some more specific info which would probably only do you any good if you were buying the boat:
    rego su67q,
    50 hp yamaha 2 stroke. gear sift on throttle arm
    large dent in left bow
    custom anchor mount/bow sprit
    switch board at rear
    vhf mounted in rear
    stereo in front seat,
    battery mounted in bow
    serial number autrx4925ih405
    engine number 1004967

Grrrr, no good mate. I hope it was insured (but guessing it wasn't).

I'll certainly continue to keep a keen eye out. Often they'll hide them for a period of time then bring them out when they think the coast is clear.

As far as secluded ramps that would not raise suspiscion I would imagine that Deception bay ramps or one of the 4 in the pine river would be suspect.
    Jack.

yeah they thought the creek just around the corner from the canal would be a likely spot...think they got right up there on the jet ski but not til later in the afternoon. tried to get the formula up somewhere in d bay for a look because there were two boats in there who likely would have been there early but kept hitting down with the low during this time.

I just went for a blast on the ski up Burpengary and Caboolture river, didn't see anything unfortunately, although I only went up as far as the 3rd bend. Tide wasn't high enough to get into airport creek yet. Went p[ast the pontoon, saw the Formula looking very lonely.