Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A few prawnies.

Re: A few prawnies.

And.... This is a week day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    Thats not Busy!. 40 boats today where I was . Betting on 100 Easter friday.
    Pero don't you have your spot x's .

Hey Bogus. If you're standing in your boat facing the pontoon, i caught a massive snag on the far right pontoon. must have ripped a good 2 metre hole. I then started to use the trusty "speculator" and also ripped him too, but in a different spot and not as bad.

Hey pero - can you tell me where all the prawns are but keep it a scret between you and me ?

Schuey- yup thats the one that got me. Reckon it must look like a net graveyard on that snag.

Yeah, Nudgee only has mediums, most of the big ones have gone to sea . Cooler water temps starting shortly.

Bondy

Quote Originally Posted by Schuey View Post
    Hey Bogus. If you're standing in your boat facing the pontoon, i caught a massive snag on the far right pontoon. must have ripped a good 2 metre hole. I then started to use the trusty "speculator" and also ripped him too, but in a different spot and not as bad.

Hey pero - can you tell me where all the prawns are but keep it a scret between you and me ?
    Hey Schuey, You might have to invest in two new nets, it will give you more throwing dynamics.

Bondy

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    Pero don't you have your spot x's .
    This may be hard to believe but Spot "X"s dont always have a bounty of favorite catches. If they did , we would never leave spot X

Thanks for the help Pero. I have only recently signed up to the site and will be happy to share any info with those who do the same and I hope that I'm in a position to do this sooner rather than later because If I'm not posting them I'm not catching anything!! I will hopefully get out in the next couple days to have a throw around the logan, macleay and russell island. Hopefully my first report will be a good one..

Would just like to add my two bobs worth,, have been out in the southern bay the last 3 days and have got onto a few nice prawnies, they are a bit patchy and come on for a while but have managed to get
    a feed each day, yesterday being the best day. they are good quality prawns, sorry no pics , you,ll just have to trust me, there are a lot of boats out, but that,s part of the fun, just after the high tide is when the chaos happens, cheers royslaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    Thats not Busy!. 40 boats today where I was . Betting on 100 Easter friday.
    The only trouble is Pero , as you know , at Deepwater all the boats are casting near the ramp.
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by BogusPokus View Post
    Schuey- yup thats the one that got me. Reckon it must look like a net graveyard on that snag.
    I would have 3 or 4 nets / lead lines living on that snag too.
    And probably another 5 or 6 calling the bottom home around the pontoon

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    I would have 3 or 4 nets / lead lines living on that snag too.
    And probably another 5 or 6 calling the bottom home around the pontoon
    Must get a little expensive Deano. I'd hate to think they're the good quality nets like Pero makes sitting down there. I did drag up my fair share of fishing hooks and tackle aswell the other day.

Schuey no not really. Most have been 10 or 12' top n bottoms from bcf etc.. luckily. Worst part about it is u tear ur lead off and u have to sit and watch ur mate hauling in all the prawns.

Deano,

You can always ask Pero to make some new nets up for you, they will out-perform any of those BCF and Surecatch nets any time and they open smoothly with chain, unlike those leaded ones. I should know, I use to have those leaded nets, ball up and kink too much so bit the bullet and got a net made by Pero, best investment I made.

Bondy

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    Deano,

You can always ask Pero to make some new nets up for you, they will out-perform any of those BCF and Surecatch nets any time and they open smoothly with chain, unlike those leaded ones. I should know, I use to have those leaded nets, ball up and kink too much so bit the bullet and got a net made by Pero, best investment I made.

Bondy
    Bondy i have about 3 nets at the moment - 2 are handmade proper prawning nets from a local redcliffe netmaker. I just like to use the cheaper bottom & top pocket ones at DWB cause of all the snags. the prawns there seem to like hangin round the rocks near the wall. If they are on at clontarf / nudgee etc. i will use the better quality net. A mate of mine is buying a net from Pero today he tells me.
    Cheers