Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A few prawnies.

Re: A few prawnies.

heard a few report of prawns getting around Sthn bay today as well Pero

mike
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    Yeah, Brown tigers. And a Mantis shrimp too. Just wondering-Whats the bag limit on Jellyfish? I had so many in one cast that I couldnt lift the pocket into the boat.
    Pero. Good to see Mantis Shrimp, I guess it was praying for another one. Take as many as you can, make good misso soup so fella in odd coloured raincoat said Turtle Bill

Isn't Mantis shrimp a good eating? what to compare with tastey prawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Isn't Mantis shrimp a good eating? what to compare with tastey prawn?
    Mantis Shrimp is very good as long as you have more than one, also they are much skinny than prawns in general. Unless you manage to get a larger Killer Prawn (Mantis Shrimp), good tucker with soy sauce or Wasabi (whatever tickles your fancy)

Go get them guys. I might make a trip on saturday to see if i can land some prawns. Here goes a good start to the prawning season.

I managed to bag out yeserday, not in plague proportions at the moment, (sorry, no camera with me at the time, it went in for repairs) yeah heaps of blue and clear jellyfish that make you itch like a dog has ticks.

Got to admit Pero's nets are bloody great, better than those BCF and Surecatch nets by a mile.

Bondy

Ooooooh, my pocket feels wet!
    Goin out with Shano today. Might see you out there if you go again.

pero
    see u and bondy getting on so great
    my brother cant wait to get a great pic off bondy csting

pete

Your brother kept ringing me today Whilst I was at Bondys spot "X". Razza stood me up. So did Shane. Heres a report , and some pics.-
    I knocked off early, and took the opportunity to hunt down those tasty little critters that Bondy uses
    in his Stir fry. Or is it Yum CHA?,Bondy.
    Anyway when its been raining and the Bay water looks deeper brown than my black coffee.
    you need to go wayyyyy out. After a half hour, I was in brown water but it tasted salty.

there was an Incoming tide,so I thought the usual story,-trial and error, have a few throws, and if you net the
    odd prawn then, great!,they then should improve on the high .mY first cast 4 prawns, next cast 3 prawns.
    Ooooh , this is lookin good. I was sure things were only gonna get better in an hour and a half.
    But, As always happens, Murphy's law kicked in. It was ones twos and threes all afternoon.
    Bu high tide came and went, and still the odd prawn here and there.There was no big explosion of prawns when the run stopped.
    I cast for 3 and 1/2 hours, and could do no better than 5 prawns in one throw.
    The quality was great. The largest banana was a solid 19cm. And I hauled in about 15 tigers.
    I went home with what I thought was 7 or so litres of prawn.
    I threw them in a bucket and to my suprise they just filled my 9 litre Bunnings bucket.
    I took these photos to annoy Bondy, My camera works!Bondy,Guess what I'm havin tonight ,Pete. lol.
    This time last year we were flogging them, but the signs are good.
    Next time It might just be the Bag limit.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9lt2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	77417Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9lt28feb.jpg 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	77418Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19cmnana.jpg 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	77419Attachment 77420

Just threw that last pic. in for humour.

lol Pero and here i am thinking that 'spot x' was a secret location where many prawns hide out. Appears its not all that secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    Just threw that last pic. in for humour.
    Hey stan, thought i had seen that pic ( spot x ) before, nice bucket,,, and the prawnies look good as well. Home in 2 weeks ,or less ( job is finishing soon, some guys got the punt today ,could be my turn soon ) leave some for me, don,t leave any for bondy,
    cheers, royslaven.

Your timing should be spot-on Roy. Lets hope so. And yes you have seen that other pic before. Spot x is a marvellous spot. Everyone seems to know it, and catch heaps of everything there!

Hmmm, I see Pero has located my " Spot X", since thats been discovered I'll have to move Woodys fridge to that spot.

I'll be out there later with me 10 litre bucket from "Master Plaster" ooops that should be "Master Blaster".

I heard a few of the blokes did ok prawning yesterday. The tally,s weren't huge. But apparently the quality was good.I went early this morning and wasn't disappointed. I managed 6lt of Bananas and a craker of a Tiger prawn.(oops ,sorry Bondy! A Japonicus). In the same area 3 weeks ago there were very, very few. The signs are good. The jellyfish seem to have backed off too.
    I thought you's would like the photos.