Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Barwon Banks M&G ?

Re: Barwon Banks M&G ?

Sorry guys I stuffed up the date can we make it the 3rd March ???.
    I just found out I have double booked the 25th February weekend without knowing it..
    Seems the better half bought me tickets to a Festival months ago as a surprise...

Does anyone have a problem with a change of date ????
    Can't believe I picked the only weekend I now have something on....

no difference to me Brett.....I'll plan a trip for the weekend of the 25th though anyway.....the weather will be perfect now.....
    cheers Rob

Yep still good here

Crunchy,

That's good news, I hoped being that I made the change pretty quick that I wouldn't have stuffed to many people around....
    I was just going through old posts in the offshore reports and there have been a lot of good fish caught out there !!

Cheers
    Brett

I might tag along as well gents, been wanting to get out there in my boat for a look . Either date suits me .

Fishfeeder
    I'd like to perhaps tag along if the rest of you guys don't mind and if someone can point me towards a couple of likely spots to drop some bait. Depending on my usual crew availability, I might have a spare spot or two aboard for non-smokers (sorry, I gave up a few years back). Where to from here? Regards Superdaff

Im good for the 3rd so will be there,
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Its shaping up nicely then...I'm excited already...plan B if the weather doesn't play ball....sink a few beers and talk some shyte

Mate I will do up a list of Names and Ramps people are planing to leave from so hopefully groups will head out together. So if you see another Ausfish don't be shy in saying G-Day !! At other M&G's an Australian flag tied to an Arial helps to identify other Ausfishers on the water (Great Idea)

If people are needing a crew just post on here and hopefully someone will contact you.

I don't know the area out there myself so I will be fishing blind, but going by other M&G's others will offer help to the newbys with a few general marks or helpful information.

Also if someone can suggest a radio channel that works out there so everyone can be on the same channel for safety aswell as for general banter between boats...

It might help if you contact the VMR/Coastguard (??) before the day to advise them of your details so logging on and off is easier...

Cant think of anything else at the moment, Its beer O'clock.

Cheers
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by fishfeeder View Post
    How about we pencil in Saturday 25th Feb for now and see how many that is going to work for as it can be changed to suit the majority...

I was thinking of heading to Mooloolaba on the Friday so if others are thinking the same, maybe we can think of a place to meet up for a quiet beer and feed.

Cheers
    Brett

Any ideas area welcome

Just a thought but would a Sunday trip be a bit easier so you can get ready saturday and cruise up for the arvo Happy hour as opposed to rushing around friday arvo after work? Either way I will try to get up for a fish.

I'm keen for either dates, have a fresh water event on the 24th that would rule my usual deckie out but I'd still be keen.....He'll be pissed

3rd at this stage would be good as well. I'm probably a bit more dependant on weather in my boat compared to some so if the weather is a bit ordinary and someone needs or wants a decky I'd be good to go. If on my boat I'd be leaving from sunny coast but don't care if I have to travel further if on someone else's boat.

Mark

Count us in Brett, that week-end looks good, will try and get up there on Friday for a cold beer, feed and say hi. Captain Seaweed (Marty) i have the old girls in for a service and a bit of a tickle up and will have 340ltrs on board but i still won't make the cape and back with you, so you are on your own with that (lol). Hope the weather gods are friendly.

Cheers, Mick

If i get a ride with someone that hasn't done this trip , i have done it a couple of times with Brejen and also another member here a few times as well. I have a few marks out there that have produced snaps,cobe etc. But as i said im a smoker,you know, one of those "special" people.

March 3 is good for me. I prefer a Saturday so Sunday is good for clean up and rest if I am out till after dark.

A good time of year to get some summertime reefies - SWMBO is rather partial to the tuskies and RTE - personally I would like to tangle a nice reddie which the guys seem to target on the outer ledge and just off there, but usually can't resist a peak on the reef.

Can really fire on reefies or can sometimes just offer iodine bream.

One thing good about The Banks is the current even if racing halfway out there is usually okay on the reef. A long way to Hards but I have found each time either a great result or nothing - peaks with fish all over them and after trying six you find one that they are biting on but sometimes everyone is good for a few.

Wish I could get out there more often - bit of a slog sometimes - one return trip I left Hards at 4.30pm and got to Mooloolaba 10.30pm and spent the rest of the week feeling the pain in my ribs - what a trip - swore never to go out in those conditions again. Hards is very accessible from Noosa but I rather the extra 20km and safe dark run to the ramp not over the bar into a river that never stops moving.

Hope for good conditions for an enjoyable outing - should be a blast.
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by Crestcutter View Post
    If i get a ride with someone that hasn't done this trip , i have done it a couple of times with Brejen and also another member here a few times as well. I have a few marks out there that have produced snaps,cobe etc. But as i said im a smoker,you know, one of those "special" people.
    CC you can jump onboard my boat mate.

I am not a smoker but as long as you don't smoke too close to me and don't get sick you are welcome.
    Cheers

Trev